Who would you buy?

I don’t. Leeds is in his past and yes , He’s a fan of them.

But a) I don’t think Bielsa is particularly known for being sentimental. He can’t afford to be with Leeds still a prospective team that can fumble. Leeds doesn’t need to be paying money for Milner when they could have 3 future prospects within his fee demands.

b) Milner has moved on from Leeds. He’s 36 years of age and he’s pretty much planned his future. His best interest to observe from the best and learn from Klopp and the coach that follows Klopp in all the while making a mark for himself in the youth academy.

3 Likes

:man_shrugging: or he could go play for the mad hatter for one season after this one before retiring :man_shrugging:

No, thanks.

7 Likes

Not sure if you are serious?

He is a decent player, good movement and could potentially play across the front 3. Slightly out of favour at City insofar as he isnt a nailed on starter. I dont think he will start tonight for example. So potentially a chance Pep would let him go. And he would have a point to prove.

But…
I think he is a dick.

2 Likes

Not serious as it couldn’t happen at a reasonable price. No chance City sell to us but he would be better than any other potential option to join our forward line.

I don’t get offended by players leaving us in the past. Especially when he left - we were an absolute shit show managed by someone who seemed to be doing a parody of coaching.

4 Likes

true that 10 characters

2 Likes

That’s the other side of the story of “free players”. I think when he signed he was already on something like £100/120k. Unless you’re Gini Wijnaldum and going from Liverpool to Barca on a lesser contract than when you went from relegated Newcastle (one season after Eredivisie) to Liverpool.

:joy:

But Millie is boss. He’s one of our true captains on and off the pitch.

2 Likes

I think Milner actually took a pay-cut when he joined us.

1 Like

He didn’t take a pay cut per se. He got an improvement over his previous package at City, but that was less than what City offered him in the new contract.

3 Likes

I just hope Gini’s confidence in Koeman holds. If Koeman is sacked prior to the Jan window which likely seems to be the case , then Gini’s quite literally in a huge bind.

1 Like

I think Gini could be useful to Barca for the short term regardless of Koeman staying or not. That central midfield is a bit too similar, it lacks a bit more energy and Gini showed in last 3 years that he can provide at least that at the top level.

3 Likes

Yeah , but really depends on the coach to follow post Koeman. Either way , unless he and barca have a great season both in terms of results and also Barca miraculously get their debt sorted , He’ll be stuck with a lesser salary than what he was making in Liverpool at probably the last golden bits of his career to cash in on.

Just hope he doesn’t regret his move to Barcelona.

1 Like

Hypothetically speaking , If Conte becomes a coach at Barca… And his main focus is on his wingbacks to provide the thrust. What would Gini be doing holding the defensive ranks. That’s easily a case where it can all go pear shaped rather quickly.

Clubs should employ both coaches and players as per the director of football’s vision etc etc… and not as per the vision of the current flavour

1 Like

It can be tricky (you can sense Laporta doesn’t trust Koeman 100%, but they’re financially in a difficult situation), but with Barca’s situation and their central midfield, I think most managers would welcome Gini’s arrival in this situation. A finished article player of the type they don’t have. Frenkie is the future, to put it banally, but Gini should be helpful right now. Will that be enough and how well Barca does? That’s a whole different question.

Anyway, back to us. :joy:

2 Likes

Yep. Just need to make sure that when the barca bubble does burst. We’ll need to be first in line to get Ansu Fati in on the cheap.

1 Like

I’m expecting Edwards to piss on City / Chelsea’s victory celebrations tomorrow by announcing 2 of Mbappe, Haaland or Sancho. All three would great but I’m not gready, although fitting all three into current squad might be tricky. I’m sure Klopp can sort something out.

7 Likes

Now CB is sorted with Konate,i’d go for Auouar in CM,rumoured to be for sale for between £25m-£30m this summer.

I’d take a punt on a 34 goals/11 assist Paston Daka upfront for around £17m-£20m to replace Divock.

Last but not least and probably the most expensive player to prise away from his club is Pedro Goncalves,can play a few roles in midfield and would’nt be suprised if he could play upfront aswell,his goal scoring and finishing from midfield,plus being in the right place at the right time and ball winning ability would be a huge bonus,i think he’d cost between £40m-£50m.

£82m min -£100m max,thats without player sales,it’s not a massive outlay in todays terms when you consider all of them are top young talents under 24,with potential to get better and covers the medium to long term.

5 Likes

You are mean :joy:

Boubakary Soumaré :innocent:

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

He’ll be trousering a fucking massive signing on.

1 Like

I wish him well, but I don’t care if he regrets the move. He chose to leave Liverpool and once a player does that, I’m not interested.

4 Likes