Who would you buy?

No disrespect to Jack Lusby, but I think he is presenting (his) opinions and conjectures as information.

6 Likes

That’s all I did and came to the same conclusion. But I guess we’ll see in the next few weeks

That’s a view many posters have of Jack’s articles…

2 Likes

What’s your view?

I think we should get a forward in. But if we sell Origi, Shaq and Minamino then we absolutely have to buy someone.

Afcon will deprive us of Mane and Salah for a bit. Elliott, as exciting as he is, is 18 and has one full season under his belt. That’s three years younger than someone like Foden who has really only established himself this season in a top side like City. And I’m excited to see what Jota can do in his second season here.

But centrally, we’ve run Firmino into the ground and apart from sparing use of Salah in there, he’s barely had competition for his place or much of a break since he joined us. Another tournament for him this summer on top of two mad seasons and I just don’t think we can keep flogging him like this without a proper alternative option.

Imagine going into January with Mo and Sadio absent for potentially a number of weeks, the out of form Firmino from large parts of this season and Jota as our only other senior option.

5 Likes

Think I seen Jürgen mention he’s not a fan of the back 3.

4 Likes

Probably the same. I think few members of TIA ever put it as politely as you did though :rofl:

4 Likes

We play a back 3 positionally even if we don’t line up that way. The CB’s split and one of the midfielders drops. Almost a back 3.

2 Likes

So, Im guessing the interest on here for Caleta Carr is has been put to bed now he’s lost his place in the Croatian squad to Degsy.

3 Likes

Don’t think that’s how it works in all fairness. I’d still choose Sancho over Sterling, Henderson over Phillips, Botman over Blind, Henderson over Pickford etc etc.

1 Like

Yep, bloody Croatian manager doesnt know what he’s doing. Amazing how many of those people there are earning a living from football.

And FWIW, I wasn’t being entirely serious. I appreciate that buying a player for a club is about more than who is considered the best player for this one day. But it is amusing that a figure of such derision is preferred over a player that generated so much interest on here.

2 Likes

Stand by this :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Never won it (not properly) in the first place. He got in because Lovren started the tournament with a little injury.

2 Likes

This is simply not enough disrespect.

5 Likes

I’m a bit gutted we missed out on Saka, he looks a top level talent, didn’t realise he can play both sides as well. Would cost a fortune now.

2 Likes

Happy Dance GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

2 Likes

Yes, played as a winger in the reserves but was played as a full back initially for the first team I thought. Don’t think we have ever had the chance to get him though. A lot of people on TIA were raving about him when he broke through

2 Likes

We tried to sign him before he signed his new contract.

4 Likes

I would like us to buy Own Goal. He’s having a fantastic Euros, outscoring everyone else by miles. I don’t know how much he’d cost, but it would be money well spent. Come on FSG, stump up the cash!

9 Likes

Hate buying players after tournament football as it always doesn’t work out well but would take a chance on Renato Sanchez if price was right and Coman as well.