Who would you buy?

If Leeds go down, how about Kalvin Philips? I thought he looked pretty good last season and this season, I think injuries hampered his progress and might push him out of the limelight abit from the clubs who love to buy flavours of the week only.

I have a lot of doubts about how good he is. I think back when Klopp first took over he may have been the type of player we would have brought in but we actually only sign players who are on great form thesedays. I can’t remember the last time we brought in a player who was coming off a bad season.

1 Like

Tchouameni looks better than Phillips.

3 Likes

I personally think so too, my question was on the premise that he looks good before this season and if this season is more down to his injuries, then we might fancy him coming in. But of course, if we can get Tchouameni at the right price and he is the one Klopp wants, I think we would want that to happen.

Brennan Johnson only has 12 months left on his contract according to twitter.

Thought he looked good against us and he’s banging them in in the Championship. Could do worse as a 6th choice forward.

1 Like

Not sure Forest would sell if they win promotion. I think he’s right footed too. I agree he’s a great young talent, but I’d think we might look for a left footed forward.

Sadio for Lewandowski?

Nope!

Age difference being the main reason, at this stage of their careers. Mane is younger and is also more versatile, and might even end up being our center forward more often than not, with the emergence of Diaz for the left forward role.

Lewandowski is obviously a brilliant player, and the goal scoring is off the charts good, but you can’t help escape the feeling that we are moving towards Cristiano Ronaldo territory, and a step up to a harder league, if he comes to the Prem at his age, might make him look older, faster.

Edit:
Lewandowski AND Gnabry, sure, let’s talk.

2 Likes

There is no player in world football I’d rather see at Liverpool Sadio Mane.

2 Likes

Honestly, I think Lewondowski is being a tit. It’s one thing to not want to resign on the terms they’re offering, or even being salty about how much they’re willing to commit to you moving forward. But its credibly reported that a big part of his position is due to being angry they were scoping out a move for Haaland as a replacement for him. He’s 34 years old earning 400k a week going into the last year of his contract. If Bayern weren’t thinking about how they’d evolve it would be negligent and any player frustrated about that it a tit.

2 Likes

Lewandowski is a little like Suarez in my mind at this point.

I have no problem signing either one, but it needs to be as a backup who is going to get chances to change games as a sub and maybe start in spots, but neither still has the legs to be considering for our first 11 at this stage in their amazing careers.

Lewi just had his second most prolific season ever. He is still among he very best in the game. Basically he’s going to put any club who gets him into a RvP situation…you get a world class for one season and then pay him a LOT of money to sit on the bench for the remaining years of his contract.

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone’s going to be offering him a 4-5 year deal Limie…

It’ll be 2 at most with option for a third.

Patrick Schick or Lautaro Martinez then lads?

Yep, I’d even swap Mo (for Mbappe!) before Mane. Although realistically that’s not happening either. Mane’s physicality is unmatched as a forward and with Bobby no longer a guaranteed starter Sadio really is essential to our pressing.

Lewi as Origi replacement :grin:

No chance he gets half the time or space in the Premiership though. I certainly wouldn’t be swapping him for Mane who has been brilliant since Jan.

1 Like

Neither.

1 Like

I’m hoping with the 5 subs rule coming in next season that ‘fringe’ players like Gomez, Kostas, Jones and Elliott should all get a lot more minutes from the bench, which will also give the ‘main’ players more rest over the season. Need to replace Origi, Minimino, Ox with players who can make a difference from the bench, they should get the game time with these extra subs. No idea who though!

Is Trent playing more as a midfielder now? He seems to come into the centre much more in matches, especially as the match progresses. If so we could do with a good right back to take over, although I’ve been impressed with Gomez there.

1 Like

Origi is leaving and Minamino probably is too, so I think we need a replacement. An experienced one that is.
At the start of the season I liked the look of Ivan Toney and I think he’s done very well in his first PL season. I’m sure Brentford would be unwilling sellers, but I would imagine the player would jump at the opportunity.
Some might say ‘but we’ve got Jota’, butI have a feeling he may not be with us longterm.

I don’t predict us buying from any of the relegated clubs but if we were these would be the ones I would sign. I’d loan all them straight back out as well.

Norwich City

• Andrew Omobamidele - 19 - CB
  • Jonathan Rowe - 19 - LW

Leeds United

• Charlie Cresswell - 19 - CB
1 Like