Who would you buy?

He might come across as menacing and ominous.

Glitch Lol GIF by Hyper RPG

Maybe thats what I’m thinking of, cheers.

He was crocked playing at AFCON, not long after he signed. I think it was knee ligaments or Achilles,

1 Like

In the @Sweeting analysis list there are similar returns for Gnabry and Dembele.
Arguably Dembele producing these returns in a weaker team and more competitive league.

If we had a choice of the two I reckon most would want Gnabry, but Dembele might be a decent shout?

The guy literally cannot stay fit: Ousmane Dembélé - Injury history | Transfermarkt

1 Like

Dembele?

No, just no.

I’m a bit surprised he keeps getting linked with… damn, why am I even explaining.

No.

1 Like

So thats a no then…

Futurama Ambivalence GIF

This summer is certainly starting to have a transition period to it. Possible departures of first 11 players, new contracts or looking at possible departures / contracts in the next 12 months.

Kind of happy we have Klopp for a little more now.

I would risk Dembele. Quality in there if someone brings it out and sorts his life. Maybe the Liverpool team ethic could change him.

mmmm ok Balotelli.

Ballotelli wasn’t wanted and Klopp wasn’t here…

If Dembele’s contract was heavily appearance based it might be worth a risk. Doubt he’d be up for that although it might depend what other options he has (or hasn’t).

i know its a massive ask, but is there a way you can do that thing with Mane Liverpool stats vs Mane pre Liverpool stats?

be interesting to see how much he improved at this club, my feeling is it would show up significantly in the stats.

3 Likes

I remember when we signed him there was a few moaning about him not scoring for 13 games at Southampton :shushing_face:

1 Like

Balotelli was loaned out for the 2015-16 season, but Jürgen wasn’t very keen on working with him after, even though he still had 2 years on a contract with us I think? Balotelli himself said as much in an interview.

I was a big fan of Dembele’s talent, there might still be a player in there… but I don’t want us to bother with it. Let another club gamble with that, I want us to continue down the same route and make rational decisions. We’re at the top of football right now, we don’t have to take those gambles. Not only that, but we pride ourselves on having a group of players with no issues. Plus, even if he’s very much able to play on both sides (though more as a winger than a wide forward, which we play with), his best position is probably Salah’s.

No.

1 Like

Yea if its only a matter of coaching a player to play above and beyond his potential, Klopp and team is best at it. But add on trying to figure, attitudes, prima donnaism etc, I guess leave thst to the flashy clubs to deal with

Unfortunately not, those were from an account I saw, not completed by myself.

He’s been arguably Barca’s best player since Xavi arrived. It’s a tantalizing prospect that will always encourage people to risk bad decisions for the upside, but the reality is we havent achieved what we have on talent alone. As you say, there is a lot about Dembele that just doesn’t fit. There are always talented players available…you dint need to give up on what the group special to go and chase one player who doesnt fit just because he has the talent.

3 Likes

Which of these players would be a good replacement for Salah?

Also, I think Sociedad has a Swedish player who did pretty well in the Euro.