Who would you buy?

We’ve been ‘tracking’ him for a while…

This must be what Klopp means regarding risk. Let him show it in a better league first before we pull the trigger. The problem with this these days is half a dozen good games and suddenly you’re worth £60m.

1 Like

Got worried for a minute then and saw the date

Don’t see Bellingham happening, in fact with all the backoffice staff changes an the potential sale of the club I don’t see much happening until things are sorted out.

Still praying everybody stays fit and that Diaz and Jota come back quickly.

3 Likes

I don’t see the changes having much impact. It’s just business as usual. It’s quite likely the Bellingham deal doesn’t happen because we get priced out of the deal - but if there is one deal we probably would go all out on, it might be this one. We’ve clearly had a long standing interest in his progression and he appears to have a close relationship with several of our players. He’s still very young and we have need of players in the position he plays.

1 Like

Just because you don’t believe in Santa don’t ruin it for the rest of us. :grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Renato Sanches says hello.

For January, Tielemans and Kudus.

Maybe someone like Sofyan Amrabat at Fiorentina, been very impressive for Morocco.

1 Like

Time to get working on that Caicedo deal now Ecuador are out of the tournament.

6 Likes

Caicedo for now.
Kudus and Gakpo can have a dance off, but maybe the former offers more versatility.

Bellingham in summer. And if not him, Enzo it is.

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more!!

1 Like

I know you shouldn’t sign players based on a good world cup etc. But he was very very good, if we were interested I can only think our interest has gone up.

100% we should be going for him, only 21 what a player he could be here, could get the winter pre-season with the lads and would inject a massive boost of energy for the 2nd half of the season.

Signing the two would be the safer option as they’re both great young players and can fill a number of roles but I’d hate to see a generational talent who is a big Liverpool fan tearing it up in the premier league for some other club so I’d personally take Jude.

2 Likes

Stupid question…

When the Saudi/Qatari Private (really)Individual Consortium Kop Society* buys us we can just get all three.

*Henceforth known as the Saudi/Qatari Pricks.

Definitely the former. Firstly Bellingham is very good and if he continues his trajectory will be world class. But right now, he is worth 100mil because of hype not because he is. So there are still players out there who are his level or thereabouts that are not flavor of the month and can be gotten at more market realistic price. So 2 very good players instead of 1? No brainer to me.

2 Likes

Gakpo, he only scores in the MM league and against shite opponents …

There is absolutely no reason to buy him.

How about to score against shite opponents when we start losing to the likes of Forest, Leeds, Fulham and Palace?

And his name sounds like a swearword

For me, probably Caicedo and Fernandez together, over Bellingham. I feel we need more than just Bellingham to refresh the engine room.

However, if it was just Bellingham, I would still be very happy as he is already a smashing player, and has more improvement and many years to come.

We would be left with Bellingham, Jones and Elliot as a younger crop; and Henderson, Thiago and Fabinho as an older crop.

We would be looking to replace the older crop as they age out beyond summer 2023, and we would perhaps do that from within (Bacjetic) and without (with the likes of Kone, Caicedo, or whoever coming into play).

But we would have to go into the next season with just Bellingham as a new midfielder, per the hypothetical choice, which can’t be a bad option! Still, I lean towards two midfielders over one.

2 Likes

What are the home grown/club trained requirements? Would Bellingham actually count, considering he’s 19, 20 in June.

1 Like

3 years at an English club prior to being old enough to have to be registered on the A list. Obviously he came up at Birmingham, but there used to be a min age requirement for the click to start that I dont know if it still applies.

1 Like