Who would you buy?

Yes I was. Lowest form of wit and all that. I suppose putting him alongside nicky barmby was a red herring (in fairness was trying to show how the fees for Diouf and Diao were more than the alternatives Anelka and what we got for Barmby and Litmanen.

Berger was a bit of a spice boy and, while I have fond memories of his goals, he somewhat underachieved. I imagine he’d have reached greater heights in a more disciplined team.

That was my point. We could have got Anelka and, for instance, Gilberto Silva, for what we spent on those two.

1 Like

Woah.

I wasn’t suggesting we buy Musah, more of a comment on the 3 English players we’ve been linked to, just giving him some credit for a good performance. Interested to see how he plays when I see him again.

2 Likes

America have a very energetic midfield yeah. Possibly the best part of their team. Though players maybe a bit similar too to each other. Heard good things (from a mate who likes Valencia) about Musah before, not seen enough of him.

England and USA’s midfield is actually pretty similar. Adams/Rice, Musah/Bellingham, McKennie/Mount.

Main difference I think is that Adams is very energetic whereas Rice plays like hes half asleep at times and McKennie is a pretty decent player whereas Mount is fucking shite.

1 Like
1 Like

Watching the match I thought Mount had a bad game. He needed more time and space than the Americans were willing to give him. He did not impose himself at all.

1 Like

Who would I buy?

Ok, I’m steering away from the usual Bellingham/Caicedo shouts to spice it up a bit.

Enzo Fernandez.
Joao Gomes.
Jhon Duran.

Enzo - would be expensive, but looks a fantastic player to me. Would help our midfield dominate for years to come.

Gomes - can’t have too many Joe Gomez’s in the side. Lots of talent in Brazil. Maybe we unearth another here of the level of Guimares?

Jhon Duran - cheap punt, but a calculated move. Not ready to start lots of games now, but a big unit, strong, fast, could be a back up to Mo, see minutes here and there, as his star hopefully rises.

It’s myth though that we signed the Senegalese pair because of the world cup. Diao was signed weeks before the tournament started and the pending deal for Diouf was such an open secret that the commentary in the France game kept commenting on Lens denying the deal had been finalized, only for him to officially sign the next day.

In some ways the fact they were signed after doing long due diligence of their club performances makes the signings worse.

2 Likes

That we signed Diouf instead of making Anelka’s loan permanent was a farce.

2 Likes

£10mil he moved for…

I assume we would have struggled with a work permit on him?

I think the issue with Anelka was about his fit within the team. Talented player but too similar to what we already had?

What even is the work permit situation now? He had been involved with Argentina before he left River, but hadnt made his debut yet.

Well, it’s certainly true we had no one as shit and cunty as Diouf at the time.

3 Likes

I dunno i think it’s what Su-Ellen plucks from her rectum on any given day.

MH, your account has been hacked!

1 Like

And guess what? Theres another 1 of him waiting around the corner to be snapped up for 10m, none of us know it yet.

All it takes is 6 months to be playing in one of Europe’s elites and you’ve shot yourself to stardom.

Su-Ellen = Suella Braverman’s real name (Home Secretary).

That’s not reassuring. Change your password!

I’m not lost, she is literally in charge of the home office and it was about work permits?