Who would you buy?

My German is a little rusty :wink: But did not realise Haaland is so fast. I had the impression he was slower. Makes interesting reading.

Of course for defenders if you read the game you need to sprint less!

2 Likes

I’d like to see Merih Demiral come from Juventus. Not a guaranteed starter there and only 22. Really physical and with decent pace. Decent passer of the ball as well. I doubt he would break the bank personally. Maybe about 20-40 million.

1 Like

Just like I’ve expected after the draw it now doesn’t look good for Leipzig to reach the CL KO stage and they might be tempted to sell Upamecano in January if a club is ready to pay his summer release clause + €5-10m extra.

2 Likes

I’d buy 3 goalkeeper,3 cbs and 3 midfielders and sell Origi.

3 Likes

Considering its Mikey, we are going to get enough to buy Mbappe

1 Like

The unreliable Kelly on the Twitter says he’s heard CB wise we want one of Bremen or Konate. I’d be happy with either despite seeing neither! :smiley:

P.s. Both are over 6 foot 2” so no silly arguments about their height you whoppers.

2 Likes

6 foot 2?

5 Likes

Konate or the whole of Werder Bremen? Hopefully there’s a player or two we could use from Bremen.

:joy:

Bremer. Never saw him play.

4 Likes

So we’re definitely not signing either. The links to Militao are more interesting. “Only” 6’1" but good in the air. Never been about height.

1 Like

It’s ALWAYS been about jump height.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Haha bloody autocorrect!

A Brazilian central defender who has learnt to defend in Italy… What cant you like…

2 Likes

Is this from a standing start or whilst in motion?

2 Likes

I really couldn’t tell you for sure, anyone got DortmundFan’s email?

4 Likes

Hate to think about Gini leaving but it looks more and more likely.

Not sure if we will actually replace him (not what I hope) but Klopp could use a similar approach like with the Lovren departure

• Gomez and VvD returning means Fab will be back in midfield.

• Ox and Keita

• Jones coming through

• Grujic to be next seasons Nat Phillips?!

With the minutes Gini played personally I think it’s impossible to replace him from within.

Neves, Aouar, Eriksen as replacement? Discuss and/or name other options!!!

1 Like

I’d say Gini is pretty much irreplaceable. Quite possibly the most underrated player I can remember in 50 years following the reds. Whoever it may be, it won’t be Grujic unfortunately.

7 Likes

Surely there are better footballers than Gini (for example the three I’ve mentioned above and they seem available / affordable) but I doubt anyone in world football could replace what Gini gave us in the last few years.

2 Likes

Pearce said we would look for a replacement. We’ll see if that’s his opinion of information though. And what type of player that would be. I wouldn’t say it’s impossible. He’s an important starter, but we’ll see what we do there. With Grujic I think we’ll look to cash in first chance we get a good enough offer. Last summer was difficult for obvious reasons, but when it’s back to normal, I’d expect us to sell quite a few.

4 Likes

Been reading an interview with his trainer Peter Boss who speak highly of him and he sees similarity’s between van Dijk and him he is a starter again for the last 3 matches.

Tall guy 1.95 German international has a contract until 2023.

3 Likes

4 more fixtures to navigate in December before the window opens:

Spurs (Dec 16)
Palace (Dec 19)
West Brom (Dec 27)
Newcastle (Dec 30)
————
Southampton (Jan 2)
Burnley (Jan 13)
Man United (Jan 16)

It would be a tremendous boost if Shaqs and Ox can give any minutes at all over the next 4. I doubt we will see Thiago until Burnley at the absolute earliest. Jota won’t be back until early Feb. The only thing I’m hoping for in this window is just one center half.

9 Likes