Who would you buy?

Are you looking for attention?

If you’re bored then count the words and letters and find out which one is larger.

1 Like

No, just posting as normal.

Your self-opinionated normal.

Good night.

:joy:

What happened here.

Opinions are something else. Sleep well.

Anyone want us to sign a certain player?

As far as I’m concerned, Henderson could stay on for a few more years and take on Milner’s mantle. Selling your captain, whose form has admittedly fallen off a cliff during a single season, to the first bidder doesn’t sit well with me. I won’t pretend that he has a world to give but if he retires from national duty and is used sparingly, he’ll probably be able to give us 20-30 decent games per season, which is alright.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t expect miracles from him - all those injuries, fatigue and age have caught up with him and he’ll have to learn to manage himself at this point of career. I do feel he has something left in his tank, though, but resting him will be the key prerequisite for that.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think Hendo is safe for now.

Still important not only as a player but as one of the leaders. Millie might be next, so I wouldn’t want to lose both of them at the same time.

Could see a situation next season where Hendo and Fabinho (if he’s here) both play less as they might fight each other more over game time.

1 Like

It isn’t a single season, it’s not as if he played particularly well last year either. At best you’d call it inconsistent.

We don’t owe him anything. He’s not performing at a level that would even justify him being 5th or 6th choice.

Definitely not suggesting we force him out at all costs, but if an offer was there it would be worth considering.

I’m not sure how anyone would be happy going into next season with both Fabinho and Henderson in the squad, surely it’s time for a refresh. We can’t just keep shifting bad players into squad roles and hoping it’ll be okay.

1 Like

I think the problem with Hendo is he’s on £220k a week or something… No-one is going to pay that for him and a fee… Fabinho at least might work in a slower paced league…

I think Fabinho is likely to leave the club this summer - or definitely likelier to leave than Henderson. Klopp is loyal but he’s not blind, this team needs a kick up the arse more than anything else but it also needs strengthening in midfield. It’s not a positive outlook on either of them that an unproven teenager makes the side look more dynamic. That said, I thought Henderson had a good 2021/22, his understanding of the role helped Salah and Trent have a good season, in my opinion.

When you look at the summer departures, three of them are midfielders whose contracts will run out, one could be Fabinho - if Henderson goes, too, that’s five senior midfielders leaving at the same time. That doesn’t look like something Klopp would do but I still hope Fabinho is sold, while Henderson is given a squad player role. Replacing those four with two proper midfielders would go a long way towards getting the team back into top four at least.

Also didn’t Klopp use Kehl as club captain but hardly playing?

Fabinho and Hendo won’t leave before Thiago.

Mark my words.

1 Like

This is something I found interesting with Hendo. In previous years he would attract criticism from the fanbase for a number of games, then when he would be out injured the team’s performances would drop off, particularly in regards to intensity in midfield. Then he would come back and the team would appear to step up a gear.

This year whether for physical or tactical reasons his presence has not led to the midfield stepping up.

1 Like

Or his authority has started to erode? I’ve visibly seen Trent tell him to fuck off at least once this season.

He’s always been a very vocal captain, which when you’re leading the way yourself is great, but when you start to regress and become a problem I’m sure others look at you barking at them with a whatever mate type response.

2 Likes

140k per week im sure.

Pretty sure that was his old salary and he’s now on a basic of around £190k + bonus.

I’m not saying Henderson will leave, only that I’d let him leave. I also think Fabinho is more likely to go, hope so too.

Thiago should be last out the door, he’s streets ahead of both.

3 Likes

To sign new contracts with some of our most important players at their peak and maintain a good balance of experience and youth, well… it costs money. They’re certainly not going to start earning less, that is if they’re still here a bit more down the line. Plus, we (not only us, it’s no revolution) structure our contracts and dealings a lot.

We can’t keep all of them, which was part of the reason why we couldn’t give Gini what he wanted. But to have one or two of them in midfield still with us is just a normal situation.

Of course, they need to perform first and foremost.

Now the time is to first and foremost part ways with Ox and Keita, probably loan out someone like Carvalho, remains to be seen what happens with Millie (who is not only used in midfield) and bring two fresh midfielders in.

If there is a serious enough buyer for Fabinho, we can think about what we can do there. It’s easy to say “sell this player or that player”, but we have no clue if someone will really come with a good enough offer for some of those players with 2-3 years left on their deals.

1 Like

Just Mbappe.

Interesting info from the Athletic yesterday is that he didn’t sign a 3-year deal with PSG last summer, it’s a 2+1. Which makes him practically already in the final year of that contract. They didn’t know the full details of that +1 option though. I see him leaving at some point between the summer of 2023 and the summer of 2024. But that’s not for us, most probably still Real.

1 Like