Who would you buy?

Midfield destroyer pronto. Kante-like. Casemiro-like. I know it might seem distasteful, but Amadou Onana would improve our midfield greatly. Just 21 years young.

1 Like

Onana has impressed me alongside Palhinha at Fulham, but we need to pick uyp these gems before they move to the prem.

There has to be players out there that can improve our midfield immeasurably.

BTW I actually think we need more than 2 midfielders as we need to rotate without a drop off

1 Like

Already wears red too, winner.

1 Like

4 midfielders costing around 150 M in total.

No Harry Maguire, please, just no.

Some don’t want to sell Matip. Some don’t want to sell Gomez.

I believe we’re going to sell Nat and Rhys and are going to add a CB for less than £40m who will surprise us all.

If that happens, I highly doubt we’d be going into next season with 5 main CB’s.

In that case, I guess Matip probably gets sold with a year left on his deal. Or Gomez, if a good enough offers arrives. One of the two.

We went into this season with 5 senior CBs.

We did, but having Nat (who is always up for sale, really, he will only play now if we need him) and signing a new CB isn’t the same situation.

We could have 5 centre backs if two of them could also play full back.

Personally, I think Gomez has looked better at right back than centre back.

We could replace Tsimikas with a similar type on the left. Gvardiol the obvious if expensive option.

It’s a nice way to reduce the size of the squad by 1 player and also offer the manager a different tactical option. City and Arsenal have used players like Ake and White at full back with some success, I’d like to see something similar here too.

3 Likes

It’s a possibility, but the priority for me is that we get a fitter, more available and more performing CB than one of Matip/Gomez. If a player like that can play full back, then we’ll see. I think next season Tsimi goes nowhere and Trent’s backup on paper is either Ramsay or Milner.

Timber could be one option like that for the right side, but maybe his height isn’t quite enough for a Klopp type of CB here.

Anyway, I think there are no big issues if someone like Nat is 5th choice. It’s better for us than for him (even if I can’t wait to see him gone). We wanted £10m last summer, up to all of them to scratch their heads why no such offer arrived. Hopefully happens this summer, although it will probably be after an “empty” season, so we might have to lower our price or accept some bonuses.

If we get a new CB in, which I hope, then I expect someone to leave.

1 Like

Conor Bradley may enter the equation, too.

2 Likes

Too many RB,s then.Maybe we’ll sell or move 1 of them into midfield .

Manuel Ugarte it is.

1 Like

Most Bundesliga Duels won so far

1. Jude Bellingham: 295
  2. Kouadio Koné 260
  3. Philipp Hoffmann 250
  4. Wataru Endo 237
  5. Niclas Fullkrug 235

Hello Kone!

1 Like

So are you saying we shouldn’t go Full Krug?

Wish Wataru Endo would be three years younger.

🔥 Just under double the tackles made by Casemiro (56) and Moises Caicedo (55).
🥇 Leads the Premier League.
💪 Over 20 more than second-placed Tyler Adams.

Leading the Premier League in ‘most tackles’ with 98 so far: Fulham FC Official’s Joao Palhinha could be the most underrated DM in the league!

He has impressed me since the 1st game against us this season, crazy stats

5 Likes

Aside from Moises Caicedo, which PL players would you be interested in signing this summer?