Who would you buy?

Also, injuries. I think Jürgen alluded to that recently or I might be hallucinating that. Not so much major injuries but fitness concerns from minor things I think.

I would buy:
A right back (move TAA into midfield)
A centre back (sell JM)
A defensive midfielder (obvs)
A right winger to provide an alternative to MS

Ruben Neves
Mason Mount
Youri Tielemans (free)

:melting_face:

I haven’t watched Leicester this season but in fairness to Tielemans his stats are significantly better than I was expecting.

1 Like

Didn’t he drop out of the starting team at some point?

Nothing wrong with a free transfer of Tielemans, Dahoud or Laimer if we sign two more midfielders.

But not sure if I’d take one of them if we sign only two new midfielders.

1 Like

Tielemans is a better player than he gets credit for on this forum, but not exactly someone you’d want here is one of the major signings.

We could do worse, as the current links floating around suggest. Really though, he should be the third of 3 if he was to sign.

2 Likes

Laimer probably off to Bayern, isn’t it verbally agreed? Dahoud, ah… the good old link from the past. Is he even good enough for us? I don’t think so. Tielemans I’d always consider, but not so sure if he’s exactly what we need. Feel he might be one who is generally more rated among fans than in football world. Could be wrong. His next move after Leicester will give us some answers on that.

1 Like

Laimer to Bayern could be off after the Sabitzer debacle and especially after they sacked his former coach Nagelsmann.

I believe Arsenal are favorites to sign Tielemans.

Dahouds move to Dortmund did not work out but he had a good start to this season until he got injured.

Don’t see why anything would change over Laimer, I think Romano confirmed last night that it only needs official announcement.

1 Like

Done deal according to Bild.

1 Like

Ah, Bild, the bastion of reliability.

Also I love their confident assertion that Tuchel will be there when summer comes along.

1 Like

So there are talks of a summer clear out and a rumored budget of £200m transfer kitty. All the players that we have been ‘linked’ with command a transfer fee of nothing under £50m and that’s excluding add-ons like agent fees, commissions, bonuses etc.

I just don’t see this summer happening the way I’m expecting it to happen considering the way the club is run financially and that majority of players and their agents priority is :moneybag:.

So what we saying £135mil to cover 3 midfielders? I reckon that’s our budget + sales.

For me we can easily get 3 quality midfielders for that value.

Lavia - £25mil (reported fee by English media)
K.Thuram - £50mil (reported fee by French media)
Ugarte - £52mil (release clause)

£127mil with change…

I don’t exactly know why but I think that Lavia would be a massive success at Liverpool - provided Man City didn’t exert the buy-back clause. I’d have him over MacAllister any day (who I think would be a massive flop at Liverpool).

I think we will need more than just 3 midfielders going in to 23/24 assuming this happens:

Yep he counts as homegrown in a year I think. Another big positive.

Keep Fabinho short-term ahead of Henderson? Weird.

3 Likes

Hendo’s going nowhere. He’ll take on the Milly role.

1 Like

That ‘keep long term’ list just shows how weak the team will become if we don’t bring in lots of good players. Get this summer wrong again and I wonder whether we’ll be seeing Klopp taking preseason the season after.

1 Like