Who would you buy?

But is he speaking Spanish to his kids? While it sounds foreign, I’m afraid Mackem doesn’t have the same cachet.

Why is 19 year old Carvalho on the short term list?

Its a shame that This Is Anfield has become such a click-bait site. Don’t think I’ve visited it once since the forums closed.

5 Likes

Can’t believe Van Den Berg and Clarkson are on the move on list, it’s like they’ve not seen them play at all.

Two players who have looked very good, Van Den Berg especially was doing really well in Germany.

1 Like

It’s vague, because there’s absolutely no rushing need to sell all of them who are under ‘move on’. Some can be loaned out. And the difference between short term and long term for some young players, well, it will depend on how they do. They can’t all get 10 years at LFC in whatever capacity.

2 Likes

That would be a weird 3 to buy though.

We do need a 6 and legs in midfield, but we also need quality on the ball. There must be better options for the 8 position than getting both Thuram and Lavia.

We do need to fix our weaknesses, but be careful not to overcompensate.

3 Likes

Yeah, adding too much of the “same” is not going to make us extra safer, it can be counter-productive. Look at how much we give the ball away. It’s clear that fresh legs and new energy is absolutely needed, but so is quality on the ball. Especially as Thiago will play most probably his final season. And we’ve missed his elements in a lot of moments when he wasn’t on the pitch. We saw the passing through the lines difference when Thiago and Bobby came on the other day. Immediately we started regaining the ball and slicing through opponent’s lines.

1 Like

And why is Conor Bradley not on any of the lists? Brilliant young RB

1 Like

Allison
Ramsey/Bradley
Konate/Gomez/VvD /GVARDIOL /COLWILL
Robbo/Tsimikas
TAA/Hendo/Bajcetic /Fabinho/Thiago/Jones/CAICEDO/MOUNT
Salah/Elliott /Nunez/Gakpo/Diaz/Jota

We will need a new Centreback and 2 new Midfielders capable of making a starting spot in the first 11their own.We’ll need a young Goalkeeper with the ability and potential that Kelleher showed a few years back come in feeling he has the chance to take over from Allison when he leaves.We could also do with an additional CB as we could be losing 2 this year.

Kelleher/Matip/Phillips likely to leave with a fee coming in.

If were not ready to pay so much for Bellingham ,i wonder if Gvardiol and Caicedo would come in for a similar fee(plus the outgoings),maybe adding Mount and Colwill if the fees didn’t push us over our budget .

This is my worry exactly. All this procrastinating has put the club in a do or die situation. I have this sinking feeling about how this summer is going to play out.

1 Like

Tried listening to some of the Liverpool podcasts. I can’t. Even the worst curmudgeon on them believes LFC will spend 200 million this summer.
I don’t believe it, and I cannot even fake enough optimism to listen.

We’ve got young goalies coming through. Gk is the least of our worries.

2 midfielders and a CB this summer please.

1 Like

Except Alison was out of training for 2 days this week. He has long had these seemingly random fitness issues you dont expect goalies to have. As he gets older these are likely to be more frequent and slower to deal with, and so you know the moment we sell a very strong back up the time will come that we’ll need to turn to Ali’s replacement for an extended period.

1 Like

Adrian will sign a new deal and if Kelleher leaves it will be one of Davies, Pitaluga or Jaros who takes his place.

3 Likes

Who knows if it’s even this summer that Kelleher goes. He goes only if a good enough offer arrives. If not, we don’t need a goalie. If he leaves, just find a cheap/experienced one and we move on. Davies looks promising to me, I’ve like that kid since last summer. Have him as 3rd option, close to the first team, etc. Maybe he does a “Kelleher”.

As I said, that’s the least of our worries. Or am I wrong it’s a worry up there with the need to refresh the midfield?

What I mean is back up GK can wait a year if need be.

Sorry meant to respond to Limescouse.

Did they forget anyone?

So basically the likelihood of all of them is a 5-6 unless you’ll command a fee over 70m then it’s a 4 or you’re a plastic boy? :rofl::rofl:

Great work TIA

Links to Gravenberch gathering a bit of pace here in Germany.

Not seen much of him tbh but wasn’t he highly rated?

Fee was €18,5m (could reach €24m with bonuses) and Ajax will receive 7,5% from his next move.

After the season he’s having I don’t see why he would cost more than £25m.

Not sure what to make of it but Mount + Gravenberch would mean we could go for a third midfielder.

@Dutch
Gravenberch was born in the forbidden City and played for the forbidden Club - guess I don’t need your opinion on him :grimacing:

2 Likes

Gravenberch seems a bit like Gakpo - tall, languid, technical. Low intensity, doesn’t do much. Looked better than he was in a low quality league.

Would hope we look for a different player there, someone with more ability or more fight. Would be very underwhelmed with that signing.

4 Likes

Guess Klopp wants three new midfielders.

Going all in for Bellingham would have meant we can not even go for a proper second.

Mount a bit of a priority but not the main target.

Main target could cost more than Mount.

Mount £50m + Main Target at least £60m
That’s still lower than what Bellingham will cost this summer.

Third one clearly cheaper (Gravenberch) or even on a free (Tielemans).

Hope it’s going to be three now or we might sit here next year with the need of two new quality midfielders again.