Who would you buy?

Has he ever done his Achilles?

2 Likes

Understand Captain America GIF

Its that new trophy they crave the Net spend champions trophy.

This is commonly referred to as selective memory now.

A couple problems with this.

1. Jones is on a bespoke training plan to help him overcome injury issues that involves, I think, total rest for three days after every game. The club are going to want to keep a close eye on him, and won’t want another team taking risks with his development. I also can’t see it being that attractive to clubs either.

2. He is one of only four ‘club trained’ players in the squad, and we are potentially losing one in Kelleher.

1 Like

Shall we do an Everton Cup this year? Are people up for it?

Yeah. To be honest, at that point, I think we couldn’t get any lower than Alberto Moreno who is just a wee bit better than Konchesky. Any decent LB at that price would need to lose half a brain to be as bad as Moreno…Given Robbo had a full one, I guessed he will turn out alright.

Debateable tbh.

1 Like

It’s not debatable. It’s batshit.

3 Likes

I will never forget the chimp tattoo or the scampering run to finish low to the corner against Spurs. And what about the bull terrier and the hover board?

Bert Moron is all right!

It took him about twenty minutes to U-turn his lard arse, but I do have a soft spot for Moreno.

On his Hoverboard with the baby in the pram… :0)

1 Like

I always looked forward to the flailing jump at (another) missed header.

Acting like a petulant child is pretending like a club should make transfers based on whatever will get their fans kudos in the schoolyard, just like the poster I was replying to.

I don’t care about whether it’s underwhelming or not, simply because I think this whole management team has demonstrated that they can indeed get the best out of players, especially those who would on paper be thoroughly unexciting and/or not good enough because of their price tag.

Agree with this in bold. The problem with two midfielders and the list above is that Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago just haven’t shown the quality or reliability to be mainstays going forward. The others are still emerging young players and adding just two midfielders - with no certainty of immediately settling - means we are going to need to be in again for probably another 2 next season. Alternatively if TAA was to move to midfield we could get away with just the two but would need a RB (as well as a CB…)

Well the performance of the group is not likeable and if Klopp thinks he can get a different tune out of the same group next season then you have to wonder what why he hasn’t been able to correct things this season… I think its clear that new blood is needed to change the vibe, cut the non contributors and reinvigorate some key players who just haven’t been up to standard this season. May not be his style but a big name ‘sacrifice’ like Thiago/Fabinho could help here.

The pressing and counter pressing issue has been the most disappointing aspect this season. Clear as daylight. How the team defended, starting from the front and then of course we have more problems all the way back through the midfield towards the defence. It’s Klopp’s first commandment in his football and our drop in that was too big. Alisson has coped the best he could behind those leaks. This summer we need to restore those principles and consistently. Names and surnames are secondary to that. But sacrificing certain players for the sake of it, to create a shock or something makes no sense. We will naturally move some players on, sell some, loan out some, buy some. Need to react and change some things, but with a cold head.

2 Likes

How can anyone say Henderson hasn’t shown the quality? I think he could easily play the Milner role next season to good affect.

My midfield would be: Thiago, Hendo, Jones, Stefan, Harvey, Carvalho + 2 new players.

1 Like

@Nikola, give me your opinion or update on Milenkovic?

I’ve always tried to keep an eye on him, seemed like a good defender. Tall, but not too heavy in terms of mobility. Aggressive, but in a clean enough way. Good enough on the ball not to get in trouble. Gets a few goals. Correct me if I’m wrong.

I see he has spend a bit of time now at Fiorentina and signed a new deal last August. Thought he’d be at a more competitive club by now. What’s happening?

Not saying I’d buy him, but just overall, is he today a good enough player for Liverpool? Or is his ceiling for that level, but is yet to reach it or maybe needs the move?

1 Like

Just as an example

TAA/Caicedo/Mcallister
Hendo/Fabinho/Thiago
Jones/Bajcetic /Cavalho

Use Ramsey,Bradley ,Gomez or Milner at RB.