Who would you buy?

Jones.

5 Likes

Hopefully it’s not Lavia. He’s not fit to lace Jordan’s boots.

Unnecessarily harsh and premature considering we’re talking about a 19 year old. Besides, Hendo was never a DM anyway, or Fabinho’s lack of form would have never been an issue.

Champions League Hello GIF by UEFA

1 Like

Some day, maybe. But not the coming season.

I think that goes without saying, Henderson isn’t going anywhere this season?

4 Likes

Reminder that Henderson was written off as a shite waste of money for a number of years on the old TIA boards - something to bare in mind when slagging off Elliott, Jones or indeed Lavia. Young players need time to grow into who they are - not everyone breaks in as a quality player at 16 like Michael Owen.

8 Likes

Well said. And the life of a footballer is uncertain at times as well. Even disregarding injuries , there’s no guarantee that someone having wonderkid level talents even makes it into the big level.

Interesting use of the question mark

Also…when players hit top level at that early an age they don’t last very long past 29-30 as a top level player.

nothing is definite? or definitive?

I do think next season is going be a bit of a rebuild hopefully we can get something like the Europa League and compete for top 4.

Unless we get a first Teamer in replace for Fabinho and Hendo.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind Florentino Lewis as a No 6 from Benfica then Tchouameni and Levi Colwill and maybe throw in a Lavia as well

I think you’ll be stretching this 70m if you throw in 10m from Phillips.

1 Like

Possibly allows for 1 or 2.

Still expect we wouldn’t sign more than one CM, felt we were pretty set especially with how Jones has been playing we now need one because we know one will get an injury within a month.

Still think Klopp will use some to purchase a up coming CB.

£40m for Fabinho and £20m for Henderson will be very decent fees. It will also wipeout another £20m from our wage bill. £60m should get us a good CM and a good CB to complete our squad overhaul. I would want a more rounded CM/DM than Romeo. I hope things happen quickly so that Klopp and the squad can settle down and focus on the season.

You’re behind Ifti. News now is they’re offering a packet of crisps and a mars bar for Hendo, two old bottle tops for Fab and 100 million for Nat Phillips.

I’ll forgive Henderson maybe 5% if he convinces Stevie to punt 70m on Nat Phillips.

Considering they are offering a bag of crisps for Henderson these cheap skates make Mike Ashley look like Mr Moneybags.

1 Like

Is Joao Palhinha the best defensive midfielder in the premier league last year? Should Liverpool be interested?