Who would you buy?

Lutsharel Geertruida of Feyenoord. Can play CB, RB, and CDM. Fantastic player.

Just sign who Brighton are looking to sign at this rate.

Like Carlos Baleba? See @stevenalonso’s post about 16 hours ago.

Saw him a bit for Holland lately and didn’t like him. Some horrible defending down Dumfries’ and his side (Virgil wasn’t great in some games either). Would have to see more of course and players can do better in different teams, but my first feeling based on that is no. Leipzig have been linked a lot with him this summer.

Correct but he has done very well for Feyenoord in the last two seasons as a fullback and centre-back, don’t like him as a DM.

Dutch has spoken. Sign the lad Jurgen.

Hypothetical question (please answer with an unbiased view :grimacing:)

Out of caicedo, Lavia and every other target…where would Tchouameni rank?

I know Madrid have said he’s staying ect but, the money they paid out on Jude, and the pursuit of Mbappe etc

He cost Madrid €80 million , if we offered a big sum ( not saying it’s happening or justified given previous stance on transfers)…but would some feel that is business well done ?

I don’t know if it’s just me, but we use to get excited about “marquee” signings which rarely ever happened…just wondering if Henry is pissed off enough to think fuck it, I’ll fight everyone about FFP, but to the fans here’s a gift :joy:

Anyway is he that good and do you rate better than all previous links ?

I think according to the stats he’s at a whole different level. @Sweeting did some pretty comprehensive comparisons of midfield players a while back and Tchouameni was second only to Bellingham in terms of all round play from memory.

1 Like

Tchouameni is a different beast. Not sure we’ll get him

3 Likes

So how far on that list would valverde be ? Is he better than caicedo?

Just reading a piece by Ben Jacobs on rousing the kop…states his position on leaving at present is unknown.

Tchouameni. But is he comparable with Caicedo and Romeo? I feel he is more like Casemiro.

Different type of players? Both Valverde and Tchouimeni are players we’ve looked at signing previously so if one were available and open to a move I’m sure we would be putting in a bid for them (although I don’t know if having Dom already would reduce our interest in Valverde but they are both flexible players). I think potentially they would be good signings

1 Like

Valverde, or the type, would be of a right profile for us. Good age and yet with vast experience of playing at the highest level, has won plenty and if because of a not so great season, Real is willing to let him go, he could be good for us in terms of being seen a ready starter instead of a potential. I think with 60mil, we should be buying such midfielders instead of some unknown potential, not that I am against the club doing that, but if its me, 60m must buy me a immediate first team player.

1 Like

We have Ryan Gravenberch, Manu Kone and Kephren Thuram to realistically aim for…

In this market we would be probably looking at a similar price to what we offered for Caicedo. I doubt he would be available though, and if he were, there would probably be a lot of competition for his signature.

Hi fellow reds,

Been following TAN for ages but decided to finally join in with you all.

If our main targets have now been snapped up, I would take a punt on a player like Andre. Not gonna cost the earth. Other targets will cost insane money now and are average at best.

Defo think we need a new CB in the last 15 days of the window.

9 Likes

Welcome aboard Sam!

1 Like

You’ll love it here…it’s fun n games…:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Yup. Coz on and off the pitch we’re a bit unstable at the moment

1 Like

Welcome Sam. First post seems a bit too reasonable. Not sure if you are going to make it here :joy:

I’m intrigued by Andre too. Looks to have a bit about him. Just wondering how the Brazilian league translates directly to the Prem. Some have done it, and others have another European club in between a top Prem or European club.

I completely agree we need a midfielder asap, and hopefully a defender too. Klopp 2.0 is well underway, but there’s still one or two glaring holes that need to be filled in the side. I can’t wait to see it begin to gel as the season progresses.

1 Like