Who would you buy?

Very unlikely he will be here next season.

1 Like

Tammy Abraham anyone? Seems to be down the pecking order at Chelsea, but hardworking and has a good eye for goal. Chelsea’s “rejects” have been good buys for us in the past: Salah and Sturridge.

2 Likes

I’d certainly be interested but… would they sell him to us? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

My ideal would be two versatile forwards in front of a number 10, possibly in a diamond.

Ideally I’d want to be picking two from Salah, Mbappe and Mane with Haaland as a “something different” classic number 9 option. With De Bruyne in the 10 feeding them.

But slightly more realistically and very “homegrown” would be two from Salah, Mane and Jota with Abraham as the classic 9 and Hudson Odoi as the ten.

But think even that wouldn’t happen as Chelsea have backing and won’t need to sell so can’t see them willingly doing anything that could strengthen us.

I’d like the consolation price though of Odsonne Edouard as the 9 and Eriksen on a 1/2 year loan as the number 10 till Jones/Elliott is ready to take over the mantle.

1 Like

A high intensity #8 with goals him and a CF.

Not to sway in an unwanted discussion on that pedophile but I have always had that opinion, that the infamous incident with that child wasn’t his first and definitely was known in small circles within football and his club.

1 Like

He signed a contract pre his loan so I think he has a year or two left after this season

1 Like
1 Like

No Camavinga?

Epic fail.

2 Likes

Maybe due to word limit :sunglasses:

I feel that Daichi Kamada could be worth a look. Does anyone familiar with German league or Japanese national side have an opinion on him? Someone that knows the player a little bit? He seems to be chalking up OK passing and assists whilst not being a liability defensively for a number 10. Seems very under the radar.

1 Like

You my friend are obsessed with numbers and stats :see_no_evil:

I live near Frankfurt. Father, brother and many friends are Eintracht supporters - so I have watched him a few times.

Definitely too slim for English football. Bad finisher and I think he knows it that’s why he often opts to pass instead of shooting.

3 Likes

Well the idea was as a number 10 style playmaker not a goal scorer but yeah sure whatever.

1 Like

Max Kruse has confirmed he was in contact with Klopp in February / March 2019 and that Liverpool were thinking about bringing him in on a free in that summer.

Not a fan of Max Kruse but I think it would be a good idea to bring in a real CF.

If not one for the future maybe a type of Giroud / Dzeko when they were in their early 30s would be a great addition to this squad.

1 Like

It’s probably well beyond our means, but if we could I would put everything we have into buying Pgmol.

We might not do so well in Europe but every domestic competition would be nailed on. :thinking:

5 Likes

I mean there are still huge differences in approach and mindset:

• Our approach in 2013/14 was more touch and technical as well as short passes, while Klopp approach is far more physical and involves more long balls. Both emphasize pace, though.
  • A great No.10 player (Coutinho) is critical in our 2013/14 season. We have none under Klopp. In addition, without a Coutinho, we actually rely more on individual initiatives from our front 3 under Klopp.
  • We also used a goal-scoring CF/poacher in that season, he is Sturridge. We have none right now.

Our 2013/14 team would have made short work of that season with an Arnold-Gomez-VVD-Robbo defense line.

1 Like

Yeah. We would have made short work of this season too with that backline.

2 Likes

I think an evolution away from the current format of 433 is needed.

It relies heavily on two components that seem to be failing these days.

Wijnaldum as a ball recycler carries nearly no threat of goals or assists and Premier League opposition realise that now. They happily let him dwell on the ball or even storm forward on it because they know eventually he’ll lay it off sideways or backwards to someone in no better a position to make something happen.

Likewise as a false 9 Firmino worked by tying up the defensive line causing mayhem, they just ignore him now. He just drops deeper and deeper trying to have some effect on the game.

Just stay solid against us and except for a bit of magic from Salah you are safe.

We could go for a traditional number 9 in front of a 4231 formation but my personal favourite choice would be to switch to a versatile front 2 the way Sturridge and Suarez worked. Salah, Jota and possibly even Mane still works well in that.

Fabinho blurring the lines between a 3rd CB and DM sitting in front of the back 4.

We’d need a proper number 10 coming in. We’d probably need to sacrifice Firmino to fund our business but he wouldn’t really have much of a role moving forward if we do move away from the false 9 set up.

1 Like

All these fantasy football suggestions rely on selling players in a depressed market with most club in financial shit.

My ideal summer would be moving on Origi, and a few of the out on loan lads who are clearly not going to make it, resign all the expiring contracts to new deals, bring in a centre back, and focus on a good preseason to get the lads ready.

I know it’s not fashionable, but I believe in the lads who’ve smashed the shit out of everyone this over the last two seasons.

I think Klopp planned for this evolution well in advance. But fitness, loss of form etc. totally ruined it.

I think the likes of Origi, Takumi, Shaqiri, AOC, Thiago and Keita were brought in to provide options.