Who would you buy?

:rofl: think it was a difference in opinion as I was looking for creative types, watched a bit on him and read up about him (never pretend to be an expert) and it all seemed interesting as a left field “trying to find the diamond in the rough” type so asked if anyone had opinions on him. I think yours was he doesn’t score enough.

1 Like

well this is sure interesting to see all of the back-and-forth which didn’t exist 5month ago when we were winning. a fickle bunch of pickles.

but this isn’t about “what positions to fill” as everyone agrees that we need a CB, CM/AM, ST. But this thread is a “Who” to buy, not a “What”.

I’ll go:

Rafael Leao - CF or Lautaro Martinez - ST
Corentin Tolisso - CM (replace Gini)
Hakan Calhanoglu - CM (Bosman!!)
David Alaba - CB/LB/CM (Bosman!!)
Eric Garcia - CB (Bosman!)
Nikola Maksimovic - CB (Bosman!)

2 Likes

Hasn’t he already agreed a deal with Real or is it not confirmed yet?

Edmond Tapsoba has a £44M release clause.

Altho a little higher price, just my opinion but I think that would be a better value than Konate. And I love Konate. Tapsoba checks all the boxes and he is also excellent in possession. Sturdy and robust, he has limitless potential.

EDIT: now I’m not so sure if that release clause is accurate.

4 Likes

Not that I usually have a clue about transfers but I haven’t seen any news confirming a deal. Was talk around January I think that his demands were too high.

1 Like

not confirmed yet, but wouldn’t surprise me.

1 Like

Think I first saw this name from you recommending him a few years back!

Tolisso’s also missed quite a lot of football in the last 2-3 years or so.

Bayern’s roster is also really thin going into next season (for a club that regularly attacks on 3 fronts).

1 Like

Yes, he was at Lyon and Bayern got him for a song, and then Goretzka (who looks like he’s on PED’s now) the following year from Schalke. They had a run of amazing midfielders cycle through there for a few years.

1 Like

I just noticed that, hadn’t seen it before. looks like I’ll be retracting that one.

1 Like

came out a little while ago that Liverpool are meeting Konate release clause.

https://twitter.com/AnfieldWatch/status/1385650154456469506?s=20

1 Like

Keeping Phillips or buying Kabak becomes a necessity if the rumours about Konate are true.

He does have the attributes on paper but 30 million for a centre back who hasn’t played a lot of football is a big risk.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

2 Likes

I’m with you @ILLOK. After the season we just had I am a little nervous about Konate’s injuries. And again, I love him as a player and was all in when initial reports surfaced linking us to him but I hate to see us with another player on the physio table. This bizarre year with injuries is shading my views a bit.

And not to belabor the point about price but in a vacuum Tapsoba at £44 would still be better value than Konate at £35.

@Semmy I hadn’t seen that tweet. If Fabrizio is reporting that I’d imagine it’s legitimately close or done. I have to imagine the club has properly vetted all the medicals on the player.

1 Like

Perhaps Lloyd Kelly again? He can play both LB and LCB, and I don’t think he can be worse than Tsimikas. After all, we used to pursue him.

And another thing to worry about is that we don’t have any successes with French players.

That Norwich kid, Aaron something is seriously hyped. Anyone seen him play, how good is he???

He’s good, no way we are spending £30Mil on a back up though.

Worse or better, he might not be stylistically the backup LB we need. Perhaps he’s more CBish, able to cover that full back position.

1 Like

Remove all posts and answer.

SOMEONE WHO CAN FUCKING SCORE.

4 Likes

Kane and Son.

1 Like