Women's Football: General Discussions

When i see the tears of the finalist, i get really emotional myself. They worked so hard to get to the final.

We have all been there with our team.

I tell you one thing. Germany will come back stronger. I wouldn’t be surprised if they win the World Cup.

2 Likes

Just a little fact.
Chloe Kelly went to the same school i am currently in. She is from Ealing. My colleague signed her off when she got a place in the girl’s academy at Arsenal

5 Likes

Congratulations England :hearts: this has been a great tournament.

2 Likes

I absolutely hate that prick sorry @maria

1 Like

Gabby Logan said the same…

1 Like

She is somerhing to do with European Womens Football.

2 Likes

And the golden boot trophy which is always a golden boot not some plastic Art Deco piece of crap

This tournament is huge in terms of getting young girls into football.

Ian Wright made such a good point about the state of Women’s football in this country

5 Likes

After watching the goal highlights side by side 437 times this afternoon, I have to strongly disagree with you. Chloe Kelly’s abs are every bit as fine as Darwin’s.

As for Mo, well he is our Egyptian King for a reason isn’t he.

5 Likes
4 Likes

No no no…Darwins…are well…Darwins…

Congratulations England! That must’ve upset a few people on this forum.

1 Like

Less comments in here from an entire tournament than in just the post match thread of the Community Shield - I suspect most people on this forum didn’t have much invested in the outcome of England’s performance either way.

Congrats England Women’s Team. Well done.

1 Like
7 Likes

Well, I’ve really enjoyed this competition from start to end. England were very deserved champions and seemed to show that steely determination that the men’s team always seem to lack. They were very much masters (or mistresses?) of there own destiny.

It was a pity that Popp was injured for the final as you always want to see the best players against each other. It’s just incredibly bad luck when players have to pull out at the last minute like that (and we have seen it with us on more than one occasion).

To be honest, the final could have gone either way. there were a couple of occasions where penalty box pinball could have ended up in the net. I managed to find some footage of that penalty shout on 25 minutes. It looks like it hits Williamson’s chest then arm on the shoulder right on the sleeve level. I’m not sure what angles the VAR people used but obviously didn’t see it as a penalty.

Anyway, it’s a great boost for the women’s game in Britain. Does anyone have a link to Iain Wright’s rant about it? I’ve seen a few people saying that he was completely on the ball again.

4 Likes

Here it is. Ian really sticks up for Women’s football and grassroots football. I also think he is secret LFC fan. Such a nice person.

3 Likes

:rofl:

Well done to the England women’s team!

2 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes