So, my post in the Ole thread got me thinking…and this may have been covered on TIA, but it is a brave new world, is it not? Let’s get this going for the TAN.
What is the worst experience you have had watching Liverpool? Live or on the telly, of course. There will obviously be some very significant negative results we have all watched, but which are those experiences that really stick in your mind?
I have mentioned mine before…dot points is better…
- In Frankfurt for a conference in March 2015
- Liverpool are hosting Utd, a crucial match in a season that started very poorly, however, we had managed to build a little bit of momentum to push for top 4
- Pickings near where I was staying were slim to none…could not find anywhere that was showing the game
*After a significant amount of internet wizardry, I find an Irish pub showing the match (confirmed with a phone call)
- Said venue is on the other side of town, but I make the trip anyways…it’s Utd at Anfield
- Finally get there…it’s packed…great
- Realise it is 95% Utd…bad, very very bad
- We go in at the half 0-1 after a Mata goal…thank you Alberto Moreno…
- Rodgers brings on our talisman at HT, Stevie G…watch out you Manc kents
- Stevie gets a red after 38 secs for stomping on the bloke with the most punchable head in world football, Ander fucking Herrera…honestly surprised it took him 38 secs…
- We lose 1-2, having never looked likely and generally playing like arse the entire day
God it was shit. Had been looking forward to the game for weeks, those braying deadshits when the ref went to his top pocket are seared into my memory.
Please share. All experiences welcome; this is a safe space, so pour your hearts out. Would particularly love to hear from those of you lucky enough to get to the away games.