20 Points in 24 Days, the TAN Fitness Drive to No. 20

2 Likes

A 7.4 km run in 34 min… Today, barely broke a sweat.

1 Like

Reason why I am asking is cause something like this would be what I would eat in 2 days… Understand the logic of metabolism and all.

Several days for mrs, jnr and me. Just for a good healthy snack.

1 Like

Again. Have to say it’s not particularly healthy. As in the point of portion control.

Might come out as preaching but for the young uns , I would rather prep food from scratch rather than reheating prepped foods

Have no doubt it would be delicious… But then anything with bacon cheese and eggs generally is

Did do my workouts will update later…

I need some time out of my schedule but I reckon I can work out something which can be a better…

It’s my thing as a product mgr… I’ve made proof of concepts with ms access db… Just need to get around to designing it …

And I am slightly selfish in the sense that I think a community driven fitness app will work… So there.

Also was a fun workout today…

A guy who was 10 years younger than me kept exhorting me to run faster only to run out of gas faster than me…

1 Like

Managed a run at last this evening after work. I have the aerobic level of a mushroom as the run felt laboured but got through it.

I think my hip issue is at last clearing. Just hope theres no further set backs this weekend.

At last I can look at building things up again and enjoy the summer

1 Like

Sorry I’ve been quiet on this, last week of term is always chaos and add to that a huge building project. In pure sporting terms, 2 hours at nets tonight with 1/2 hour fitness routine. I wasn’t the slowest either but I am the oldest (who participates in the fitness sessions) by about 15 years.

13st 1lb today. That’s another 1lb off. Again I don’t know how that happened.

Eating my home made 100% vegan cheese and onion flavoured chickpeas as a little snack nowadays. They seem to help.

2 Likes

Sorry for not updating this… Another reason why I feel this thread is better merger to the existing diet thread…

Anyway… Had a decent run today… 18.5km in 1 hr 23min.

Was out of breath by then… But still decent enough… The half marathon is on September and I’ve got something of a planned holiday till August 4th coming up…

I’ll resume my intermittent fasting after the return from Goa. I’ve gained quite a bit while on that regiment. So I reckon it’s time for me to get back on that soon

1 Like

Yep, sorry here too, had a crazy few weeks. Cricket yesterday and 5lb down :slight_smile:

1 Like

5 pounds is serious weight loss…

And truth be told , I have stopped measuring my weight loss … I was 76kg when I last checked… Might be 78-79 now… But as long as my running times don’t suffer…I reckon I am fine…

But like I said back to intermittent fasting and mild upper body workout after August 4th

Technical query for the challenge judges.

Just before I first started this I clocked a time 28min 56 seconds for a course I do regularly. Prior to Covid and my hip injury I’ve done it far quicker. I’ve basically had to start from scratch.

Tonight I ran it in 26min 20 sec. Can I claim the points against that 28minute time or do I need to reference it to my February, pre Covid, pre injured time?

2 Likes

Course mate :slight_smile:

Another run this evening 3.33 miles now so that’s a small increase on the 2.65 miles I was doing.

I found it tough this evening. Off road course with lots of small undulations meaning it was difficult to hit a rhythm.

No records were broken today. A little stiff now, so a rest day tomorrow. Will try for a bike ride on Thursday I think.

Broke the 10k steps barrier today as well

1 Like

Bike ride this evening. Forgot my helmet :pensive: so decided on a hill climb near work. Blew up twice going up, got to the top turned round, got to the bottom and did it again. Good chance I would done it this time until I fell off. One of those MBT things on steep hills and pulling hard on the handlebars.

So no big mileage but quite intensive.

One query I have on the scoring again. I cut over 2 minutes off my run but the sheet only accounts for 1no. 30 second improvement on a given day. Is that intended?

Quite entertainingly hurt my hamstring at nets last week. Having a night off watching the T20. But 10m on the bike tomorrow allied to about 6 hours hard graft tomorrow night. Plus lost another 2lb.

1 Like

On a vacation of sorts. Will see if I get the time to squeeze in a run tomorrow morning.

No weight loss to speak of as I’m still not in control of my eating. Mental rather than physical.

But I did run this evening. 5km cross country in 33min 15sec. Nothing special but heading in the right direction. A minute down on my previous 5km time.

I’m finding the time difference between road an trail interesting. The difference is considerable for some reason.