2023 Cricket World Cup

Star Wars Revenge Of The Fifth GIF

A new stadium hosting this match again.

At this point of time , Iā€™ll be all for India facing opponents in Tier 2 cities whereas the Tier 1 cities get the other teams atleast for the group stages.

Atleast the bigger population and spending ability in the tier 1 cities should ensure more crowd.

Why is Warnker still in the side ?

Australiaā€™s inability to look beyond Warner is idiotic.

And just struck me , this is the only 50 over world cup tournament India has hosted where India is the sole host. All the other tournaments have been where India was co hosting with the other south asian countries.

FFS Smith goes tooā€¦

Another player who shouldnā€™t be playing the shorter versions anymore. Class , legendary player but still.

Oof. Perhaps an Aussie collapse here given a kick-start by infamous (in Australia at least) umpire Joel Wilson?

I think heads will start rolling if Australia do not win this match.

Losing against India in India is expected. A bad match against South Africa is not a disgrace.

But losing to this srilankan team would be the equivalent of England losing to Afghanistan.

Come on Marsh. Hog the strike and make 200. Itā€™s all on you. No-one else can be trusted!

I say this with full honesty, but cricket umpires make football refs look competent. Ok, just this generation of umps, which is dire.

The DRS is better.

Potential good news for Australia.

Again. I am invincible.

Srilanka stood no chance after the verdict was given.

Iā€™m not going to predict the next two matches though.

The two matches after that.

Iā€™d pick Bangladesh to do one over India. Thatā€™s been the one asian side which has consistently given India some trouble the last few years. And they are due a win against one of the main sides this WC

Australia vs Pakistan - Iā€™d back Pakistan to win. They are coming into this with more form and have players more suited to the game especially in the subcontinent.

Well that is huge news, given how many runs he scored in all formats in our last Indian tour, plus what he can provide with the ball. Without question our biggest injury loss.

If we are sticking with Cummings as captain, then I think it makes sense for Smith to make way for Head.

In fact, itā€™s not a suggestion. Just get it done.

Excited Oh Boy GIF

@Sithbare I reckon Smith should still be in the ODI. Iā€™m not sure carrying both Smith and Labo is a good idea thoughā€¦glad to see you have predicted Pakistan to beat the Aussies. I will now chalk that up as a certain Aussie victoryā€¦

Still not sure of the advantage of finishing 1st or 4th.

No advantage to any of the potential semifinalists

Smith and Marnus are two very similar players. I agree , one of the two ought to be dropped for Head.

Looks like either a reduced overs match or a washout today between SA and SA B teams

At least 5 South Africans should really be playing for the Dutch.

1 Like