2023 Cricket World Cup

He is the master jinxer :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

32 extras by SA :man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2:

Now imagine my agony

1 Like

No more jinxing Bazza, youā€™re upsetting Ifti.

Has anyone told @Dutch about this historic win? Apparently itā€™ll be front page newsā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, that was pretty funny. I think the approach can be justified but itā€™s a tad too slow. Itā€™s one thing allowing players around you while ticking along yourself fairly nicely but itā€™s another letting the pressure heap up on them just because they can move along a rate of knot while youā€™re waddling along. Thatā€™s not risk free cricket, thatā€™s passing along the risk to someone else and of thereā€™s a flurry of wickets all of a sudden youā€™ve not just lost the wickets but the run rate has ballooned leaving the new batsmen under even more pressure.

Itā€™s a tactic more suited to when setting a target on a flat wicket than chasing down a reasonable score under lights.

2 Likes

Itā€™s something that could be justified a couple of generations ago where someone could play the anchor role when batsman around them score the runs.

However for that to happen , the person playing the anchor role needs to take runs at a regular clip by rotating the strike. The 16 off 30 odd that Bavuma hit , there were 14 of those runs coming from boundaries which means Bavuma wasnā€™t rotating the strike.

I criticize Bavuma because I donā€™t see him as being an international level batsman in the short form. Heā€™s got way too many flaws in his technique.

Why donā€™t South Africa starts with Maharaja?

Afghanistan got the breakthrough.

1 Like

My two favourite non-England teams (sorry Ifti).

Supporting Afghanistan as underdogs today though.

2 Likes

They should have batted first having won the toss.

Experiment when your place in the semis is guaranteed not when itā€™s still up in the air. Teams which lose 3 matches out of 9 might struggle to make the semis. Why would South Africa even want to risk that ? Bat first. Bat big. Win the match. The grandstanding etc can happen later.

1 Like

Afghani butterfingers :unamused:

Afghanistan is playing poorly.

Afghanistan clawing back.

Good over from Azmat

Even better!

1 Like

Teams world over seem to have forgotten the art of milking the spinners for runs.

I mean generally.

1 Like

Match in the balance. NZ rebuilding nicely.

Bloody hell Mujeeb :see_no_evil:, thatā€™s so casual.

Shame the about the fielding. Game should have been a lot more interesting.

2 Likes

Four dropped catches :flushed:

Fumbled a stumping as well.