2023 Cricket World Cup

Sorry Ifti, legendary all conquering team in the 70’s/80’s with giants of the game fallen on hard times makes a comeback to the top. Don’t think there is a Liverpool of cricket right now. Reserve it for the Windies if and when they can make that comeback.

2 Likes

They won something of note recently. Nope.

Everton are Pakistan.

Yeah probably a bit like Chelsea

Ifti decided that all the teams he supports are the same. Therefore Bangladesh are the Liverpool of cricket.
It’s absolute bollocks, of course, but as he’s such a splendid chap, we humour him.

India batting first against England.

England have a chance.

It’s not funny anymore :slightly_frowning_face:

Have hope. With India virtually qualified, Lord Sith might slip in this one.

I got the Aussie prediction right. Have faith.

Well, one small victory for England.

No doubt they’ll still be thrashed, but that was funny.

Actually, we are more like Wolves or Southampton. We had an ascendancy which surprised most, we had a brief period of glory, we have pumped a fortune into the game/team, and now we are struggling to stay relevant.

1 Like

The body language of the English players isn’t good. There were a few boundaries where the fielder gave up a second or two early.

Harsh Ifti.
This is a team who have been humiliated so far in the tournament and who are playing the favourites and hosts. They have shown a bit of fight at least.

2 Likes

They should win this match rather easily.

Also shown the weakness of the Indian team.

Agreed.

I’ve missed the last 15 overs or so but the fielding I’ve seen has been excellent. Much better from England today.

Still expect them to make a hash of the chase.

3 Likes

Jinxed it.

Mooen…

Not confident that England will get these runs.
Better than expected though.

England will get these runs. Should be easier batting second with the dew and India were 50 runs short

If they do, then the Australia v England game becomes interesting

You obviously didn’t hear about the performance against mighty Sri Lanka.

I don’t think England would be in a position to qualify but they would have pride to play for and get confidence as well