2023 Cricket World Cup

Dew is not relevant. SA won’t get that many runs unless everything falls into place for them.
India bowlers too good.

NZ thought the same and we’re screwed over by a wet pitch and a freak innings.

If Pakistan make it through to the semis, they’ll likely win the cup.

No cricketing nation has had so many instances of sheer luck as what Pak has had.

Any other country with even half the lucky instances would have won multiple world cups

India will win regardless. And SA will then lose in their semifinal

2 Likes

The winner will be India (or Australia).

Rohit’s innings at the start is probably a very vital one given the start SA is making.

You have to admit India are favourites now.

Not even necessary. SA on target for an England type total.

Anyone’s game in the semis.

India are playing very well though.

You doing your jinxing thing again?

This is India’s World Cup to lose. It always has been.

2 Likes

Barry will never tip India, therefore India will win the cup.

1 Like

When Australia make the final, I dare @Sithbare to tip Australia. Even with his jinx, India will be coming in with a tremendous burden of expectation. The entire tournament for them comes down to how they will handle that pressure knowing their shit history. I think they are going to put on the mega-super-est choke of all time that will make Gibbs blush.

This is Australia’s tournament to lose.

1 Like

I don’t even see India getting to the finals.

It doesn’t matter if they are the best team this tournament. India suck at knock out games.

It’s weird how otherwise sound and sensible people start gushing such garbage when it comes to cricket.

Just because something happened once in the past, it doesn’t mean it’s bound to happen again. The universe doesn’t work like that. Haven’t you noticed?

India have by far the best team in the tournament. They have strength in all areas, great seam bowlers, effective spinners and free scoring batsmen.
Australia are probably second best after NZ and SA have lost their way in recent matches. They may catch India on a bad day or they may not, but just because it happened at some point in the past means nothing.

Some people seem to expect India to lose every game despite their clear superiority, some people make wild predictions about Australia based on their own bizarre fantasies, the end product is a lot of nonsense.

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

:joy: Lighten up. It’s probably the only sport in the world where you can talk shit for your country and no-one’s going to get knifed at the end of it. After all, we are all cricket brothers (or sisters).
Screenshot_2023-11-06-20-01-12-07_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12

1 Like

Sorry, my football team were abysmal and it upset me :cry:

Did Matthews just get timed out ?

Fuck. Don’t think I’ve ever seen that dismissal happen.

Bad form by Bangladesh it seems.

1 Like

Evidently the strap of his helmet was faulty or tore , and he took time to get a replacement helmet

Not sure Bangladesh should have appealed for that dismissal. And it’s not as if the dismissals would have been vital in them qualifying for the semifinals. Not that it’s an excuse to do that anyway even if it were the case.