2023 Cricket World Cup

Taskin is fucking unlucky :unamused:

Tanzim is bloody awful :confounded:

Poor appeal and poor decision on the time-out. Matthews was ready to face (until his helmet failure); it wasn’t like he wasn’t arsed getting out onto the field. Disappointing that Bangladesh didn’t take the opportunity to revoke their appeal and I expect they will get spanked now and they’ve cheaply burnt their goodwell.

1 Like

I think the umpires need to be proactive enough to disallow frivolous appeals as well.

Just because it’s in the rules doesn’t mean the umpires lose all semblance of common sense.

I do agree that the Bangladesh guys needed to withdraw the appeal as well.

One point which my friend raised is that if Angelo’s time wasting led to Bangladesh having to bowl an over with an extra man inside the circle , that’s unfair to the banglas too.

1 Like

Reverse-jinxing innit bruv!

Still 7 games (2 at most which matter) before we get to the 3 games that actually matter.

It’s not been a great set up of a tournament. Suppose Afghanistan could pull it off so I’ll be generous with 4.

The last two games should have been doubled up, just so it limits those dead rubbers as the only tie.

We won
We won
We won

Woohoo

Hamster Dancing GIF

1 Like

He had actually overrun the time though before the helmet came into it.

Shithousery (SL) begets shithousery (Bangers).

Edit: ok I haven’t watched it, but supposedly Mathews himself said the helmet issue happened 1m55s after FOW, so hadnt quite broken the 2 min rule but was clearly being a cunt. There is no way that he signalled to the umpires that there was a safety issue in those 5 secs before the 2 mins were up though, so whichever way you look at it, this has less to do with being practical with safety issues and more to do with player time wasting. Had he come out promptly like most other batsmen, he probably would have identified a helmet issue a minute after FOW and we wouldn’t probably be having this conversation.

That rule has been particularly brutal this WC. How England got punished against the Aussies even though they practically bowled out 3 or 4 spinners I don’t know. You’d really need to question if teams are being given enough time in that case.

1 Like

They are being given more than enough time. Teams have no excuse to not bowl 14 overs in an hour.

Excessive field changes for every delivery is what leads to time being wasted. Captains who do that are often getting found out.

Yeah ultimately they want to keep an innings to within 4 hrs.
As to the Matthews situation, bloke would have been better to face first delivery then get his helmet replaced.

Teams bowled more than 105 overs a day in the 80s. They are now struggling to finish 90 overs in a day as far as tests are concerned.

This is purely on the captain. Tinkering with the fields every second delivery.

Batsmen often take too long to take strike as well. Every delivery the batter takes an age to take guard. There needs to be a time limit for that as well.

Too often it’s gamesmanship by the batsman to hurry up the bowlers in the hope that the bowlers lose concentration.

Come on Afghanistan!

1 Like

Looking a bit bogged down right now. Think this wicket is a 300 one so they will need to get a move on…

Don’t think their batsmen can bat at a quick rate against pacers. They certainly won’t have faced the likes of starc too much. Makes a difference.

And right on cue, first 6 of the game to get off the mark… off Starc!

1 Like

Doesn’t mean much though. A boundary every two overs doesn’t increase the score too much.

Afganistan don’t have the pacers to exploit the wankhade conditions as well.

Should be a routine easy win for Aus.

1 Like

Thank you Baz! :+1:t4::smile: