2023 Cricket World Cup

Hmmm

That’s a harsh not out.

Can’t be looking into the replays all that much.

It clearly bounced.

Stoinis knew it as well.

2 Likes

What an innings this is from Rashid Khan.

Afghanistan have given themselves a good chance here. Well played.

3 Likes

Incredible shot by Rashid that.

2 Likes

Thought Aussies got lucky with a few wides that last over. That all said I think the Afghanis waited too long to go and their score is a little light. All turns on how much the spinners can turn it. A few early wickets and the pressure will really be on…

Pity the Afghan pacers are their weak link. This pitch aids seam bowling for the first 15 odd overs in the second innings

Yeah one no ball and one wide , the ump should have given them

Whatever happens Afghanistan have been brilliant. It’s an incredible achievement for them to even be there competing with the best after everything that’s happened to their country.
Good luck to them.

4 Likes

Ricky Ponting called it a tennis shot. Hit so sweetly.

Still tipping Australia Monsignor Sith?

Yeah. Afghanistan pacers are their weak spot.

1 Like

They’re really good to watch too. Some lovely textbook batting and interesting and varied spin bowling.

Before the tournament I thought if would be Rashid Khan show but it appears they just have a full team of good cricketers.

2 Likes

They’ve been the most entertaining team this world cup. Gave me great pleasure to see this team grow in such a short time.

2 Likes

Aussies should win this comfortably if they expect to be serious contenders

I think they are frankly a better team than Bangladesh and Srilanka. Considering where they were a few years ago , thats a great achievement.

Not just based on the results of this world cup but in general.

Better batsmen , better spinners.

1 Like

Good score. Very impressed with the maturity of Afghanistan :afghanistan:. Come on, Australia :australia:, fall on your face.

1 Like

They should win this easily. All their batsmen are in form.

1 Like

1st ball duck for Wankner

Should be, but Afghanistan have done a number of teams that would have seen them as a routine win. Aus still need to treat them with respect and see the job through.