2023 Cricket World Cup

Fail Empire Strikes Back GIF by Star Wars

Overcast conditions, batting first on a pitch which was covered is risky.

Good toss to lose for Aus. I would have expected any other team to chase after winning the toss

And… Bavuma goes

Choke mode engaged for the saffers.

De Kok is the big wicket I suspect

7 overs 8/2 in the semi finals.

That’s the semis won.

Or it rains and DL comes into play and turns it into a lottery, or you fuck up your reviews and then get a dodgy decision, or an injury, or Kohli gets out early……or the hosts choke under the pressure.

All the what ifs in a cup final. (Angry Ramos memories aside)

1 Like

episode 4 choke GIF by Star Wars

Too many variables can go wrong. Australia have the winning experience and they are decimating the saffers now

And on cue - RAIN!

This could interesting. It can continue tomorrow if washed out for a period….

Would be very poetic if both the days are washed out and SA get through to the finals.

But it isn’t going to happen. My friend at the ground says it’s a light drizzle which is expected to clear soon

1 Like

Yep. This contest is done. I don’t think SA will have another chance like this at another world cup. I know they host the next one but they will have to find cricketers from a decreasing pool of players and that won’t be easy

Boo hoo for them. They have just won the rugby world cup so I think they’ve used up all their good luck for a good while.

1 Like

I can’t be happier that our one huge weakness this tournament - the bowling attack - has stood up in the most (potentially second-most) important match. Not just the two opening bowlers, but more how Maxy and Head hurt the middle order partnership. Zamps and Cummings need to do better, although both have been targeted.

Maxu and Zamps - checks out. Head and Cummings - are you a pom in disguise?
Headsy and Cumms surely… :joy:

Aus do seem to be in place. Really started with Head coming back. He might not have scored much , but there’s some balance now

Any answer that is not “cum-dog” is un-Australian.

Score of 212 against Australia in a cricket world cup semi final? Haven’t SA had enough psychological damage from 1999 already…