2023 Cricket World Cup

SA taking some wickets but still way too much time.

And Smith is still there.

Helloā€¦ helloā€¦

Cummins and Starc should be able to see of these final 20 runs - SHOULD.

If either get out, I have no idea what Zampa is like with the bat, but if we get down to Hazelwood we are in deep shit

Hurry up lads itā€™s 3.30am been up all night and Iā€™ve gotta get up at 6 for workā€¦ā€¦good case for low scoring excitement which is rare these days in short forms.

Oofā€¦ you gotta catch those to win trophies. What an ending it could have been. Aussies done well to grind this out.

@Sithbare getting ready for the final.

India should be much too strong in the final. This Aussie team reminds me of all the opposition challengers when Australia were head and shoulders above the rest - could play well in spurts but couldnā€™t put together two good full 50 overs in one game. This Aussie bowling attack hasnā€™t put together a full 50 over performance and I donā€™t see them being able to defend anything short of a mammoth total against India. Think theyā€™d have a better shot chasing but even then only if the Indian bowlers completely mess up their first 10 overs.

1 Like

The same ol story.

Thatā€™s a terrible article tbf. Itā€™s like something off Arsenal TV after a loss. I suppose laying the boot in (losing as the 3rd form team after India and Australia should not be a shock) is better than the alternative of a former player (Hussain) excusing a WC on fatigue.

And Travis Head a WK?? Sure, heā€™s WKā€™d before, but his bowling is and always has been extremely important to this team.

1 Like

Bavuma still needs to be called out. I suspect thatā€™s the major point.

The writer isnā€™t able to clearly say the effect quotas are having on the national side.

Thought Bavuma was good in the field actually. Hardly his fault Nortje and Ngidi werenā€™t available and Jansen bowled like a village cricketer.

They were beaten by an in form side in a close game.

Wah wah wah. Pathetic headline.

Wouldnā€™t be in the team as a pure batsman.

And canā€™t be carrying passengers like the 1980s in 2020s just because heā€™s a captain and a good fielder.

He shouldnā€™t be the captain in the first place if he wasnā€™t a political appointment.

Right so one last time.

Australia to win this world cup.

Australia should thrash India today. I reckon bowl first, India out for 150 and Australia to seal victory in 15th over with a slog sweep boundary from Marsh on the winning ball to complete his quick-fire century (Warner out for a duck).

1 Like

India have been the better side over the tournament. But they are due for one bad game.

And on a side, not that I would overly like it but it will give me pleasure to watch modi with his sullen face present Australia with the winners trophy in a stadium bearing his name in that redneck shithole of a state called Gujarat and that even more idiotic city called Ahmedabad.

Think Iā€™ll avoid this thread today.

Yep absolutely. Not a fan of Australian cricketers (generally) and India ā€˜deserveā€™ to win based on lead up but would be lovely to see Modi have to handle that shit sandwich.

4 Likes

Kohli is going to score another century today.

Bit of a holding pattern here. Both teams seem resigned to a score up around 300. Aussies happy for the singles and getting through their part-timers to finish the innings with the strike bowlers in the hope they can avoid a late India surge which would take a total up over 320-350 and make the game very difficult to win.

And India being smart and ensuring they get a respectable total. As always in a final, if you bat first, try to win it but under no circumstances lose it.

Both captains would, if they could, shake hands and agree on a 280-300 total.

The game is going to be decided on how well India bowl, and whether Australia can avoid a top/middle order collapse.

Oh that comment has swung it for me.