2026 FIFA World Cup qualification

Itโ€™s been coming. Add to this

1. The expanded Champions League
  2. The expanded Club World Cup
  3. The possibility of overseas league games
  4. The trans continental preseason games

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes
  1. My expanded waistline, from sitting around watching all this extra football.
8 Likes

@Alright_Now_Legend is spoiling you with his korma.

1 Like

Stop worrying about my korma and start worrying about Spain winning. You have been distracted and itโ€™s showing.

2 Likes

Woke!

3 Likes

Squad size increase would be of no benefit (fatigue wise)to the same 11-15 players continually picked by managers.It would only work if managers where told they had to use upwards of 20/25 players for an agreed amount of time with no players playing more than say 75% of minutes.

1 Like

Fair points.

Something else I only just thought about was the cost to the individual FAโ€™s having to support so many players/staff for so long. I reckon bar maybe 10 FAโ€™s, most would probably not be in a position to financially deal with so many people being supported whilst away from home.

1 Like

Clubs could also end up losing players for pre-season and maybe even the first few games of the season after this world cup which could have an impact on their success.
It wouldnโ€™t surprise me to see players retiring early from international football due to these extended tournaments.

4 Likes