ADRIÁN San Miguel del Castillo: 2020/21

No idea why someone would wanna sit on a bench as a goalie rather than go and play for betis.
Keepers are a weird lot.

Isn’t Kellerher the understudy?

1 Like

I guess Kelleher will be leaving this summer.

Anyway, best of luck, Adrian. :crossed_fingers::palms_up_together:

Fingers crossed Alisson stays injury free :pray:

3 Likes

:joy:

Alisson is going to a COVID hotbed to play the Copa.

3 Likes

Is there seriously no free agent keepers about. He can’t pass or even save.

1 Like

I think he’ll stay as our 3rd choice emergency back up.

Nonsense! (10 of the best for you).

1 Like

Heard Kelleher might go out on loan though and Ali isn’t exactly an injury free player

Seriously though. I remember one good save he did but times he push shots into our own net like at Chelsea. Then Aston Villa and Madrid showcased his ball playing abilities

:blush:

1 Like

Since when can we talk seriously about goalkeepers at LFC, Oh yes, since Ali came in. Otherwise you have to go way back.
At least he’s better than Karius.
Despite pointing it out occasionally noone else seems to pick up on where Adrian really is weak. Even Ali has had some close shaves and even rediculous goal against him trying to be clever. So at times even Ali isn’t serious.

Put it this way i’m not going to be up in arms if Adrian is sitting on the bench. I’m certainly not going to post nonsense. We have had a GK problem for a long time now and I don’t expect it to go away when Ali isn’t fit.

Yeah so it’s important to ensure we have a 3rd choice secured then bring in a better 2nd choice so Kelleher can go on loan. Paulo Gazzaniga would be my pick.

2 Likes

Why should we accept having a goalkeeping issue always. Yes Ali is prone to a howler but usually this lad makes up for it. Adrian does not make up for it. Instills panic in his whole team, they don’t go back to him for passes. Surely we can try a new keeper who may or may not be better. But we now Adrian can’t do it. So why proceed with an extension. Not like there’s a lack of demand of willing keepers to come on a free.

1 Like

Played very well against us like last season or the year before I remember

Why ask me all that? :rofl:
It’s what ‘we’ do! :cry:
However when it comes to GKs as we are so bad at finding suitable ones I much prefer to stick with what we know than change one or 2 every year. Perhaps we should have stuck with Ward? at least he seemed calm.

1 Like

I would prefer Adrian to move on but considering the current circumstances and the above summary, I reckon just stick with him for one more year as 3rd choice.

1 Like

If we let Adrian go we might be in a situation of needing to bring in both a 2nd and 3rd choice Keeper. It could go really pear shaped. Seems Kelleher is either leaving with only 12 months left on his deal or extending his deal to then go on loan. Either way I don’t think he’ll be with us for next season. It makes sense to keep someone we already own (Adrian or Karius) as 3rd choice and then concentrate on bringing in a better 2nd choice. Maybe once Alisson and the new guy are fully settled after next season and we know we have two good choices we can rely on then one of the academy prospects can be the 3rd choice the following season.

Nah, I don’t see us bringing 2 goalies.

If Adrian stays, then Kelleher can still remain as Ali’s backup. If Kelleher signs a new a new deal and leaves on loan, then Adrian remains as Ali’s backup (something I ultimately don’t really want, but might be a temporary option for one more season, maybe they’re fine with his training and attitude in last months and reaction to Kelleher’s chance) and then one of the kids acts as 3rd choice on paper.

What I certainly don’t think will happen is Ali, Kelleher as 2nd choice and then not a single other experienced goalkeeper. So regardless of Kelleher I think either Adrian stays or we bring another cheap/free experienced option to replace him as 3rd/2nd choice.

First things first, let’s see what happens with Kelleher. If he’s not signing, then we have to sell. Hopefully we agree and then let’s see if it’s for him to stay or head out on loan. Ireland’s coach recently talked about the shame that he’s not playing games because there’s an opportunity there to become Ireland’s starting keeper.

1 Like

Too risky by far.

1 Like