ADRIÁN San Miguel del Castillo: 2020/21

Alisson No 1
Grababa No 2
Adrian No 3.

Is he ready for that?

I watched him for u21/23 a good few times and in my opinion he is a better keeper than Kelleher. He has had a serious injury since and not sure if he played much on loan last season, he did OK on loan at Huddersfield season before.

Who knows if he’s willing to do that after 2 and a half seasons of football out on loan. If Kelleher is out on loan and Adrian stays, then one of the kids probably acts as 3rd choice.

But I’m sure the club is monitoring them day in day out, will also have a look at a few of them in pre-season.

We have:

Alisson, 28, contract until 2024.
Adrian, 34, contract running out, but we have a +1 option to activate.
Kelleher, 22, contract until 2022.
Grabara, 22, contract until 2022.
Karius, 27 (will be 28 this summer), contract until 2022.

Then, kids like:

Jaros, 19 (will be 20 this summer).
Hughes, 19 (will be 20 this summer).
Pitaluga, 18.
Ojrzynski, 18, contract up to 2023.
Kelly, 18.
Davies, 17 (will be 18 this summer).
Mrozek, 17 (will be 18 this summer), contract up to 2024.

2 Likes

I think he’ll obviously be our turd choice.

5 Likes

Grabara? He played regularly for a Danish club last season.

1 Like

If he is 3rd choice, I’m not bothered, but we need to have someone better than him for 2nd especially with Alisson being prone to the odd injury.

As for Alisson going back to Brazil as long as he stays to the rich areas (Pretty easy to be honest) he should be ok as it’s monitored quite well, Saying that the tournament should in no way have been moved from Argentina which is around 30k a day to one near 200k.

Let’s put it this way anyone travelling to or from Brazil would have to do the hotel thing or a 14 day stay in say the USA (That may be possible considering our links over there).

In this situation we need someone better than Adrian as number, depending on how well Brazil do.

1 Like

I saw the highlights of his last game on YouTube the other day, 4-0 defeat to Midgetland. He had a shocker.

He doesn’t seem to have developed at all.

2 Likes

Was shocking. Hasn’t progressed at all. Thought that loan move was strange anyways.

Sending Kelleher on loan will give him playing time and will increase his value and he will be sold in the near future.

We are bringing in so many young goalkeepers think it’s kind of a ‘business model’

Grabara likely to be our third GK next season - maybe he will get one or two games with the first team. Then loan. Then sale.

Thing is if Adrian plays it’s more than likely cost us points I wouldn’t say no to a back up like Gazzanigga someone who can save it say when it happens to not go straight at them.

1 Like

What about Matt Ryan heard he has been released from Arsenal

He’s Brighton’s player who was on loan at Arsenal until this summer, still has a year left there.

2 Likes

Would take Mat Ryan as second choice in a heartbeat.

Oh I’m clueless, I thought Arsenal bought him and then released him. Dunno where I was thinking about this alternative footballing universe lol

Arsenal have released him as well at the end of the loan. Strange, not sure why.

Difficult to have any trust in this guy…
Was fine at the beginning of his stint as stand-in, but seems fame or something else went to his head and he has forgotten what he is supposed to be between the sticks for…

1 Like

… like with Mignolet and a whole host of others. It’s just been ‘our’ way imo.

1 Like

Signed a years extension ffs

2 Likes

Oh dear…well at least we’ll have Virgil and Konate in front of him.