ADRIÁN San Miguel del Castillo: 2020/21

We had the +1 option on his original contract, yeah.

Possibly remains as 3rd option. We’ll see what happens with Kelleher.

1 Like

Yeah we had that option I’m aware. In theory it makes sense and demote him to 3rd choice but I’m just afraid (while also very confident) injuries will happen and he will find himself in the sticks during a big game. Just not confident at all in him and feel there’s better Keepers out there on free transfers

1 Like

In or between the sticks?
If he is in the sticks what and where are they? :wink: :grin:

Damn my father must say it wrong. He used to say in the sticks lol. Damn

1 Like

They are out back, in the bush

3 Likes

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

3 Likes

1 Like

It’s a cheap way to keep a senior, liked member, of the team in place. No problem for me if he’s the third choice. The likes of Kelleher or Pitaluga should be the No.2

9 Likes

Kelleher maybe, if Kelleher is leaving or going out on loan we need a good 2nd choice Keeper (Kelleher has been surprisingly good but this time last year you’d have thought he’d never get to that level). Adrian (old and not good enough) and Pitaluga (young and vastly inexperienced) are not good enough back ups for a 1st choice Keeper who misses as much game time as Alisson.

And Kelleher hopefully.

Think Kelleher is going on loan to increase his value so that we can sell him in the near future.

Adrian is going to be second choice until he fucks it up big time again.

One of the other young GKs will be third choice / closer to the team to increase his value so that we can sell him in the future.

Liverpool are the first club to offer Adrian a contract EXTENSION since he turned professional.

According to Pearce,

• Adrian is really popular around the dressing room and Klopp is delighted he is staying. He will sign a new contract with a commitment to two more years.

• Kelleher is established as second choice and will sign a new contract to reflect that.

Can’t see a problem with any of that.

10 Likes

Hahaha is right, the amount of bed wetting before reading the detail is just so “liverpool fans”.

1 Like

If you are offering me 1) Alisson 2) Kelleher 3) Adrian as our goalkeeper pecking order for the next two years, I’ll snap your hand off.

3 Likes

FFS, 2 more years … :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

But first, he has to sign an extension.

Gulp Klopp must have ice in his veins.

1 Like

Nope me nethier.

Not bothered if that’s the set up.

2 Likes

If Klopp is happy with him staying and Adrian is also well liked in our dressing room it is OK for me.

Otherwise… I am only here for the comments :sunglasses:

6 Likes

So every “football fan of every club” really, maybe apart from Monthy Python’s Philosopher’s team. They probably have a fan base that considers stuff pro and con, far more deeply; and debate amongst themselves on a slightly higher intellectual level.

I don’t think Liverpool fans are any worse than others really :wink: