ADRIÁN San Miguel del Castillo: 2020/21

I think given Adrian’s contract situation, and our impending search for a #2, he should be given every opportunity that comes up until Klopp has seen enough to make a decision on next year.

2 Likes

[given Adrian’s contract situation, and our impending search for a #2, he should be given every opportunity that comes up until Klopp has seen enough to make a decision on next year.
[/quote]

Me thinks Jurgen came to a final decision the second Adrian kicked the ball to the Athletico player!

1 Like

I think Adrian is contemplating retirement. We should keep playing Quee Veen in the absence of Alisson. Adrian should be given a farewell game at Anfield.

Clean-sheet :clap:

Well done :muscle:

1 Like

Yo lftikar…
Have you started the Pre-Match Fulham thread yet…!
If not, why not :0))

1 Like

I’m planning on a Treading binge :sunglasses:
Enjoy the stillness before the storm :innocent:

His first punch was worrying, his second was very good, his kicking was good but at one point he juggled around with the ball at his feet and the Sheff Utd player got a little too close for my liking.

I thought he was ok though his saves made him look like he was 70 the way he went down. All in all fine for a 3rd choice keeper but we have to hope Kelleher or Becker are available in the long run.

8 Likes

He was under strict orders to launch the ball when it came back to him, to prevent him from overthinking and messing up. That allowed him to clear his mind and keep it simple.

Of course, he had to do a keepie uppie once to showboat, but at least he tried it with no one 30 metres from him. I liked liked his decisive punching in the Sheff Utd game.

He had a good game, but can’t wait for Ali (or Kelleher) to be back. Speaking of Kelleher, how many opportunities has he missed by being injured when the number 1 is out of action.

2 Likes

1 isn’t it? This one

2 Likes

Everytime the ball gets close to him - that little adrenaline kick. Makes me feel alive during Lockdown.

But I will be happy to see Alisson on Thursday.

6 Likes

He was so late coming off the line for a ball outside the box which was clearly “his ball”, made it literally in the last second possible.

3 Likes

Did well to be fair. Doesn’t give off much confidence to the viewers and I’d say to him teammates. Did the basics right which is all you can ask. But hopefully that’s the last time we see of him in a Liverpool jersey

3 Likes

I was yelling at my TV, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR… :joy:

4 Likes

Hopefully it was his last LFC appearance. And also our last in that ugly kit.

:joy:

5 Likes

Maybe he was trying a Lev Yashin impersonation.

Too Much Showboating…
Too Little Talent…
He has done his bit for LFC though… Also cost us some heartache
We move on and look to the future

1 Like

What’s your idea of showboating?
For me showboating doesn’t fit Adrian at all. Proud, excitable, nervous … ok but showboating?

2 Likes

I was thinking about our blue one. :joy:

1 Like

Well if we take two examples from Sunday’s game…
From Hollywood style dives in either saving or punching… to the unnecessary playing of keepy uppy in the face of the SU players, whom through no individual fault of their own, are all facing relegation humiliation anyway… To me that is ‘Showboating’… when a touch of humility would have cost nothing… He needs to remember, he is nothing more than a bit-part journeyman himself.
Wracked my brains… but nope…
cannot ever remember Ray Clemence (true LFC stalwart) behaving in that way… ever!
Quicker Adrian goes back to oblivion, the better is my opinion.!
Soz if it goes against your opinion Flobs…

2 Likes

I put those things down to his scatter brain. Noway imo does he think before doing anything. He’s just instinctively stupid, that’s what I like about him. :rofl:
For me showboating is a deliberate act. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

EDIT: How the fuck did Clemence get into this debate, are you mad? :crazy_face:

3 Likes