Ajax vs Liverpool | CL Match Day 5| Wed, 26 Oct, 20:00 | Johan Cruyff Arena

I’m not one for stereotypes. Lets go smash some tulips with a few healthy clogs in the squad.

Draw gets us through for sure, a 1 goal loss other than 1-0 would also probably see us through on goal difference.

1 Like

Away from home against a dangerous free scoring team with a weak squad, what could go wrong?

I’m back to the, “I just want a good performance” mind set. We sort of got lost in the Forest game but with the personal available, it was not entirely unexpected. Hopefully we can use this game constructively.

Klopp said he expects 2 or 3 players missing today to be back for this, I presume he talking about Nunez, Thiago and Konate if so we are getting the result we need to go through to the knock out stages. :clap::clap:

3 Likes

This it not sure what to say if those three are available I’d expect we can get a even a win, without it I feel we will be sluggish again.

Win, draw and and any loss by one goal will do the job I believe.

Just looked at Klopp’s comments, Nunez would probably have been able to start Sunday and Konate is back.

Apparently tried everything with Thiago so I guess we will see, we will probably know as you won’t travel if an ear infection is hurting.

It would be brilliant to just nullify these and keep a clean sheet, 0-0 would be lovely.

They are wank defensively, Napoli absolute blammed then twice. Would be shocked if we don’t see a reaction from yesterdays shitshow and at least get the point we need to qualify.

Can you let me know when we win this game
Ncaa Football Please GIF by ESPN College Football
So I can come back and like your post :+1:

1 Like

They need to win to stay in contention. A draw is fine for us and I’d take a boring 0-0 now with no more injuries. Then we can fuck off the last game with Napoli at Anfield, batter Club Brugge in the next round and pretend like we have a chance against the inevitable big hitter we’ll draw in the quarters.

There’s every possibility that we will draw Bayern, Madrid, or Paris if we finish second in the group. However, the probability of us finishing top of the group is very slim.

2 Likes

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

2 Likes

but will they be fit?

2 Likes

Who knows. :man_shrugging:t2:

COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

Things are harder than they look in the CL. If Ajax beats us in their own ground on Wednesday (except the win margin that suits us), they will without doubt beat Rangers and we’ll need to avoid defeat in the last group game against the most in form team in the CL this season so far.

I hope we pull ourselves together and do the job. The last thing we need is to need a result vs Napoli, who are flying and seem to got our number, even if it’s a home game I wouldn’t want to gamble there.

4 Likes

Forest were supposed to be wank as well…got blammed by just about every team in the league until they met us.

1 Like

Ive got a ticket to the Napoli game. Will defenitly be better if we need something from that game on 1 Nov than going for a dead rubber…

Hope you’re going to the deadest rubber of them all.

8 Likes

No offence but I hope you get the opportunity to enjoy watching our reserves.

Klopp will probably play a full team like last year mind even if we do the Job in Amsterdam.

Anyhow anyone know about ear infections, if serious I can’t see Thiago flying with it. Nunez and Konate look like they will be back, needing a draw I think I’d play Gomez at Right back in this case we can rotate later on plus it does give us the opportunity for an extra body in midfield if we need from the bench.

Got to be Hendo starting you wonder if it should be Curtis if Thiago isn’t available.

3 Likes