Ajax vs Liverpool | CL Match Day 5| Wed, 26 Oct, 20:00 | Johan Cruyff Arena

It won’t be a dead rubber if we beat Ajax and Rangers takes points off Napoli(:rofl:). I’m fine with that scenario.

2 Likes

Doesn’t head to head record determine who comes on top in case of a tie? If so, we’ll need to better Napoli’s 4-1 win from Italy to finish above them. Which seems fanciful but Klopp will go for it, as he should.

Provided of course that we beat Ajax, which is easier said than done.

1 Like

If, and I’m pretty sure that we will, we win against Ajax we will definitely try to beat Napoli and win the group.

Hope we will qualify for the KO stage on Wednesday.

Hope we won’t be able to win the group against Napoli as it really makes no difference for me who we can face in the KOs.

Hope Klopp will play as many kids as possible against Ajax and even more kids against Napoli.

And of course. Hoping for no injuries.

Why do you want Klopp to play kids against Ajax.

Not just kids

Nat
Milner
Bajcetic
Elliott
Jones
Carvalho

We can get beat by one goal and it would still mean we’re through to the next stage.

Setting us up for getting knocked out more like.

2 Likes

Great mentality.

1 Like

Just win!

5 Likes

Play the kids in our most important game of the season so far? Has Brendan taken over your account?

3 Likes

Smash them they are shite…

3 Likes

@PeachesEnRegalia

Watch out! We’ve got an imposter alert.

1 Like

Objective is to scrape out a result and qualify with a game to spare.

(Even if that happens, for money reasons, we’ll field our first eleven in the final game, and with the season we’ve been having, no doubt pick up two long term injuries).

Henderson will porbably come in for Fab.

1 Like

The so-called ‘weaker’ teams cause us problems so I don’t mind if we draw any of the above.

2 Likes

I’d be resting a few for this and take our chances on getting something off an already qualified Napoli. If it backfires winning the Europa is probably our best option anyway.

Alisson - Milner - Gomez - VVD - Tsimikas - Thiago - Jones - Ox - Carvalho - Nunez - Salah.

Probably get beat but right now I’d rather get 3 points against Leeds. Robbo, Konate, Hendo, Fabinho, Elliott and Bobby all to come back in.

Of course nothing of the sort will happen. It will be another shitfest with comedy defending, a useless midfield and a misfiring attack. Can’t fucking wait.

Referee

José María Sánchez ESP

I don’t know him but he is Spanish so I expect him to have an enormous ego and thinks everybody is there to see him.

Hate him already …

I thought a big ego was a Dutch stereotype?

Not entirely sure Oxlade-Chamberlain will be ready to start.

I’d say if you want to rest players for this, it’d be better to go with a Bajcetic Jones and Milner midfield, since Thiago is not likely to be able to travel (I’m assuming), but then that begs the question of who plays in right-back.

Given how difficult it is to pick a rested team, I think it should be abundantly clear to everyone how challenging it is for the coaching team at the moment, and that’s just throwing players together on paper, not even discussing training.

or finish a game…

One or the other…