Ajax vs Liverpool | CL Match Day 5| Wed, 26 Oct, 20:00 | Johan Cruyff Arena

I watch a fair amount of La Liga and I know of him but he hasn’t stuck in my mind to be fair so he can’t be the worst.

It’s fine. Always happy to have some help. Season has been a chore

5 Likes

Identity thief!!

The presser from Scheuder is on it’s way.

1 Like

Schreuder is captain obvious :star_struck:

If you are good at the ball and you come into the opponent’s half and everyone participates well and is well connected, you have little opportunity to counter"

We have to develop a certain chemistry with the players to play out under pressure. If we can do that, we can dominate matches,"

“You don’t stand a chance for overwintering, because you have to win with two goals difference. We have to radiate the belief that this is possible. We have to do things better in possession and loss than at Anfield,” said Schreuder. “I see that we are making steps in the competition. In the home game against Napoli it was also fine in possession.”

How much did they lose to Napoli …

About Liverpool. "They won against Manchester City, which is not the smallest club. They could also win 1-6 against Nottingham Forest (1-0 defeat, ed.), "said Schreuder.

1-6, he does not know Tierney …

1 Like

These were bad at Anfield and quite frankly looked no more a threat than Rangers. I think predicting the outcome will be a lot easier when the team is announced.

1 Like

Núñez, Keïta Konaté all in training but no Thiago unfortunately

2 Likes

Well we all know how painful ear infections are…

And I love Thiago, but he’s simply not reliable enough to play 30+ games a season & sometimes it’s better just to get rid.

2 Likes

Doubt it’s about the pain but the effect on his balance.

2 Likes

Can’t see him flying with it, if he has it might be more positive.

Thiago for 25 games is better than Thiago for 0 games. He’s absolutely miles ahead of anyone else in our midfield.

12 Likes

With Thiago we need some CM who can compensate when he can’t play that’s the issue, he still seems more reliable than at least half our playing squad this season, again there lies the problem.

You don’t need the very best every game but when the level drops so much like it did against Forest it gets hard.

2 Likes

I think Naby would be the most natural stand-in, although a different player. Of course he’s always injured as well.

It’s got to be a new signing, he was the natural stand in and did it just enough last season to not see the drop off but he won’t play tomorrow seeing as he has just returned.

I remember that Brighton game when he went off.

1 Like

Agreed, we have Jones and Elliott who can both do parts of that job but it’s a hell of a tough for a youngster to replace one of the best midfielders in the world. We have to have someone a bit more reliable than Naby to fill that void.

1 Like

He can’t play as he’s not registered for the CL group stages,

2 Likes

All sorted.

3 Likes

Uh-oh @gasband, someone is gunning for your crown

2 Likes

So Konate will feature, Nunez is available, Thiago won’t unsure whether he is available for Leeds or not, Klopp hopes he will be.

Wait to see the Thursday training photos or Friday PC with that.

Yeah, it’s why I want a working midfielder and a creative midfielder. We do need dynamism, but we also feel it when Thiago is not on the pitch.