Alexis MAC ALLISTER: 2023/24

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1776263776276300190

3 Likes

Be the only deflection that favoured us all game :joy:

Someone said Mac has been watching the Cat + Kurt Zouma video to perfect his technique :0)

Does Diaz get credited with the assist? He 100% meant to pick out Mac there. A beautifully weighted pick out.

I think I heard a stat that our current midfielders have scored 17 goals this season compared to just 1 last season.

5 Likes

https://x.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/1792323360879460375

2 Likes

Player of the season for me.

Not bad for a player some people wanted to sell in January

6 Likes

If our current attackers had scored 15 more goals this season , we’d be the guys on the top.

1 Like

Not if they’d all come in one game.

3 Likes

If they had come over a period of 3-4 games ?

A year at the club…

Which reminds me… where are the signings John :wink:

1 Like

I know! The transfer window opens in barely 5 days and not a single confirmed signing yet!!!

3 Likes

Mac Allister:

"Enzo has already apologised, and he explained what happened. There’s nothing more to add.

“We know Enzo, we know he would never do it with bad intention. It’s more of a chant that stuck and it’s more in a mocking tone than anything else. The most important thing is that Enzo apologised and we have to give value to that.”

Rodrigo de Paul:

"I can understand people that have suffered racism and all of that, don’t like it. But there are ways. If Enzo’s [club] teammates felt offended, the way to do it is to call him not to put in on social media. I think there is a bit of malice or to put Enzo in a place that he absolutely shouldn’t be in."

And there isn’t malice in the chant they themselves posted on social media? The stereotype of footballers being dumbasses is well earned.

11 Likes

Mac Allister should have just not commented.

8 Likes

It is best to keep your mouth shut and let people think you’re a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

9 Likes

It’s amazing that after all the anti racism awareness work, and the fact that the players mingle everyday with teammates from all kinds of backgrounds, this sort of thing still persists.
How can someone like Macca play alongside Virgil, Trent, Ibou etc and not be aware of racism?

5 Likes

Fucking thick some of these people. Often feels like they are working on not letting slip in public, rather than eradicating.

7 Likes

Fucking moron.

3 Likes

They will only learn when they get punished…
maybe not even then.

2 Likes

And certainly not after he had just said that was nothing more to add. You think we would have drilled this into our players after the Suarez debacle.

3 Likes