Alexis Mac Allister (CM) Brighton & Hove Albion

I think I read that he is on holiday.

2 Likes

If money were no object (for a holiday) to you and your future (and potential huge payrise) was about to be decided. Would you go on holiday? For a few days salary for these guys, you could go almost anywhere in the world and stay in shattering luxury. A few weeks salary and you could go to space FGS.

Again I’ve not seen a single thing mention he is on holiday, his agent will be the one doing all the discussion as long as the player has said he would be interested.

We are on Wednesday I assume the serious negotiation may have only begun at earliest last week when Brighton confirmed Europa League.

I know Twitter wants to believe we won’t spend a single penny because signings like Gakpo, Nunez and Diaz didn’t happen or something.

7 days from the time Joyce says it’s happening is the time you work on.

3 Likes

You know that these negotiations didn’t start yesterday, right? The outlines of a deal were probably drawn up weeks ago.

I am indeed hopeful that this is just a matter of signing a contract and getting it done, perhaps in time for a lean tomorrow (or soon thereafter). But I am used to this club announcing that a deal is done within 24-48 hours of our serious interest first being leaked. The fact that this deal has been floating around for a few weeks at this point is a departure from our previous approach.

Yeah but they still take time.

I would assume nothing proper took place before Brighton confirmed their Europa League place.

If I’m aware no major deals have happened amongst any clubs so far (forgive me if I missed something).

That’s perfectly fair. I just don’t like seeing our targets hanging out there with vague things like they’re “one step away” from signing, or that “personal terms are close” - it sounds like something an agent would leak to tell other clubs “last chance to get him! If you don’t step in now…”

We’ve been shown to be quite ruthless in getting our targets signed, sealed, and delivered previously. This is more drawn out than I’d like.

1 Like

I think it’s all coming from foreign sources which we usually would discount and that’s why it’s a thing, it was all Mount until a week ago (that’s why I didn’t believe that one for a second).

As I said Romano is basically rehashing that from what I can tell, after all his dad has been arriving at least seven different times.

End of the day you might be right and I might be wrong but I don’t feel it’s dragged on that long.

I remember Nunes arriving for a medical seemed to take a year.

1 Like

June 10th i think i heard

Yes its not open till next week i read somewhere too.

People just impatient.

Edit - it opens on 14 June. So two weeks yet. I do expect an announcement for Macallister sooner than that.

Clubs can complete deals before the window opens, they just can’t register new signings. Brentford signed a goalkeeper today.

1 Like

Over It Smh GIF by The Maury Show

Yeah and how much did he cost?

11m apparently.

Dutch national goalkeeper

Still only 11m it’s hardly a deal that was going drag on.

He lives in Brighton, so he’s probably sitting on their pebbly beach eating candy floss and waiting for the carrier pigeon to arrive with the news. Or maybe he’s queueing up for the helter-skelter.

Once the pigeon brings the news that he’s required in Liverpool, I’m sure he’ll be on the first available stagecoach to London, thence onto Liverpool by pony express. Would take two days at the most.

So we can relax, safe in the knowledge that modern technology will enable us to get the chap to put his seal on the agreement as quick as a flash. Leaving our new player free to resume his holidays by the seaside.

Sea gull???

I am sure he is going to sign next week 2 months later

1 Like

That’s quicker than trying to make the journey by train. I’ve not heard anything about the stagecoach drivers going on strike.

I read a book on regency britain recently and the times do not correspond though the good air and bathing waters means he should remain injury free.

1 Like

[quote=“legalalien, post:342, topic:3514, full:true”]
He lives in Brighton, so he’s probably sitting on their pebbly beach eating candy floss and waiting for the carrier pigeon to arrive with the news. Or maybe he’s queueing up for the helter-skelter.

Once the pigeon brings the news that he’s required in Liverpool, I’m sure he’ll be on the first available stagecoach to London, thence onto Liverpool by pony express. Would take two days at the most.

Rock Dove to use its posh name… :0)

I feel as though the world is beginning to go mad at a far quicker pace than ever…

Talking to the postman this morning as he walked down the path… happened to innocently ask him how long has he been a postman…
Over 20yrs he said… but I’ve been a ‘Mail Carrier’ for the last 3yrs since they changed our title :0)

2 Likes