An Comhrá na hÉireann - The Ireland Thread!

It doesn’t take much though.i think as much as the far right have found "easy prey " to carry out their bidding ,the easy prey have found the “excuse” they were looking for as well

1 Like

Massive bell end of a man.
I’ll leave it to you to tell him though

2 Likes

In fairness to Joe Brolly, he publicly called McGregor a cunt on Tuesday night at the Gig for Gaza…it was a display of contempt for the McGregor toerag. Brolly isn’t wildly popular on all fronts, but kudos to him for this one

I binged Once Upon a Time in Northen Ireland the last two nights. Compelling viewing, and probably the ‘fairest’ framing of the conflict I could imagine.

Horrific stories told by the people there, not by the filmmakers. Would highly recommend.

2 Likes

It should be compulsory viewing, not only in the UK/Ireland, but everywhere. Seeing how ordinary people can turn into cold blooded killers, how neighbours with everything in common, except how to follow their God, can dehumanise each other, how evil can gain a stranglehold over a population, all of it is universally important.
It is a story of hope in the end too, and shows that good can overcome evil if people are brave and steadfast.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, just finished the first episode. :+1:

Nice one. I couldn’t stop watching and would have done it in one sitting if I hadn’t been so bloody tired on Sunday night.

1 Like

Irelands entry for Eurovision is a gothic, non binary visual artist calked Bambii Thug.
Its an interesting diversion and hopefully they will boycott the competition if Israel are allowed to compete…
Not that newsworthy or remarkable…

Except
Far Right campaigners are starting petitions to remove Bambii from the competition as this “Satanic filth” is not representative of Ireland…

More reason to support our Bambii!!

1 Like

From Jonny Logan to Bambii, some how I feel that Bambii will not win it twice … :joy:

1 Like

OK this is brilliant. It’s just a pity that Gay Byrne is no longer with us. His reaction would have been priceless!

2 Likes

To all of those who can’t be here with us

2024 St Patrick's Day Dinner Tickets, Sat, Mar 16, 2024 at 6:00 PM |  Eventbrite

3 Likes

Lá Fhéile Pádraig Sona Duit

To all the Irish celebrating St Patricks Day today. I hope you had a good one.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Is this due to the referendum debacle?

Rumours that a few skeletons in the closet are to reappear. Regarding leaking of documents and other investigations.

That and the failures his Government are presenting point towards why he is stepping down.

Still a shock though.

I reckon Simon Harris will be our next Taoiseach nominated by Fine Gael and then a general election will be called very quickly after due to its disapproval and he will be shifted on.

I’d like Paschal Donoghue to be the Taoiseach before Simon Harris but if I was a betting man……

2 Likes

i don’t like harris so wouldn’t be happy with that

1 Like

The RTE article quoted him saying that the General Election will be a year later. But he also said his decision will help the new leader prepare for the June local and EU elections.

Harris will be caretaker until the election.
Sinn Fein will form a shaky alliance with a few smaller parties, including Labour. Ivana Bacik has a massive role to play in Irish politics over the next ten years.

Holly Kearns is our most forward thinking politician at the moment. She won’t ever get enough seats to form a government, but she would be a good watchdog when Mary Lou takes power.

The other thing to consider is that Fianna Fail may insist on Martin being made Taoiseach until end of current term. Fine Gael might see that as a good choice, as the new leader is going to get a hiding in the election.

I think it will be August personally. Don’t think we will be called back for the Dail in September