An Comhrá na hÉireann - The Ireland Thread!

Everything fucked up by idiots

This is why we can’t have nice things :pensive:

1 Like

Tá daoine fuckwits.

Google translate didn’t have the Irish word for fuckwits.

1 Like

The Irish word for Fuckwits is ‘English’.

1 Like

‘Amadan’ would work in this context

2 Likes

Irish has a nice Elvish ring (not that ring)

1 Like

Bunch of Irish kids create a banger…

1 Like

To our Irish :ireland: mates, why did Sinn Féin did so poorly in the Local Elections? They were enjoying a healthy lead in all the recent opinion polls.

Prior to the elections Sin Fein were targetted by Far Right activists, calling them traitors etc. Their candidates received more criticism and at times abuse than anyone from the government parties.
It was weird to say the least.
And it looked orchestrated.

So much so that a belief has grown in some areas that the Far Right are being bankrolled by Ulster Loyalists, who cannot contemplate Sinn Fein in government.
This may be far fetched, but there is no logical answer to why the attacks happened.

There is a belief that Harris will call a November election.
If Sinn Fein are to do well they need to change their leader soon. Mary Lou is not going to lead them into government.

2 Likes

I don’t see them doing as well when an election is called,irrespective of who leads them.Great in opposition but a bit worrying if they were to lead alone.

I agree
They have lost momentum.
Mary Lou is like a broken record without offering any sensible alternatives to government policy.
I think Labour and Social Democrats might join Sinn Fein as a cogent and strong opposition.
Pearse Doherty needs to be leading Sinn Fein by then.

1 Like

What has she done wrong? How did SF led the opinion polls under her leadership?

I think her performance as leader of the opposition has been poor. She uses her time to criticise government action, without offering much alternative. Leaders get tired, worn out and need to know when to move over for the good of the party.

1 Like

I have seen a report that said the resignation of Leo has actually helped the coalition parties to do well.

1 Like

Really trying to figure out what the logic of a suspended sentence here. I would have thought getting people with no capacity to regulate their own propensity for violence out of the military would be a good idea.

3 Likes

It was rumoured that he got discharged by the army. But the notion of suspended sentence in this case is nonsensical

2 Likes

Odd request here - just got asked wtf I think really happened with Neno Dolmajian, attacked by two Romanians? Racial motivation, wrong place at the wrong time, did something stupid? I am a little baffled at first glance, south of Parnell along the main strip and maybe 200 meters from one of my favourite Dublin restaurants, not what I would expect.

I am really unsure about motivation. Was it residual from an earlier spat? Was it unprovoked?
One way or other its a vicious assault with a man seriously injured.

Dublin city centre is becoming increasingly dangerous. I know many people who won’t go into town at night, due to the potential for trouble.

Not enough police. No hate speech laws enacted to curb racial tension and hatred. Right wing activism against those in tented villages awaiting process…
Gangs of teens literally running wild, on E scooters in high end sportswear.

I am beginning to consider a move.

2 Likes