Anfield and Kirkby

That’s hugely impressive! I for one can’t wait to see the thing in real. It will be a strong improvement for the atmosphere inside Anfield! :+1:

2 Likes

Finally have my question answered on those pics. The corner linking the new ARE stand and Kenny’s stand will be nicely closed. No more holes, cutting the roof of the dominated stand (like now between the MS and ARE, looks horrible), etc. There will be a bit of the Kop’s roof (which if you look closely, has been cut a little bit so people all the way up at MS can see the whole pitch) still “hanging” there at around the middle of MS, but I can live with that. We’ll have two stands on steroids and two smaller, maybe even outdated ones. But visually it looks like it will just about make sense altogether.

3 Likes

It’s starting to appear opposing in the pictures during the match when you can see it.

1 Like

I actually thought all this time a new tier was being built but it looks like it’s just extending area 221-228 of Annie road plus the roof.

Because when the Main stand was worked on, they constructed the flooring/bars/railings/staircase and gave the new tier blocks U1-U9

I assume it is extending out backwards as that concourse is small as it is.

The concourses are going to become much larger like they did with the main stand. :nerd_face:

1 Like
3 Likes

A further 2,500 rail seats being added to the Kop.

6 Likes

Other than intent, what is the difference between the rail seating and safe standing?

It’s actually a feature that I think could have uses other than what would be regarded as the traditional standing elements of the crowd. In terms of accessibility this would be great for fans that suffer from compromised balance or mobility but are still able to walk. My Uncle had to stop going to the old Main Stand after a minor stroke and this sort of thing would have been ideal for him.

1 Like

None I think?

1 Like

Presumably just the same as Budesliga stadia then?

Yup I think so, although happy to be corrected if wrong.

Not the same…but from a rules perspective.

From the offal;

Q: Does this mean fans can stand?

A: Anfield will remain an all-seater stadium and the trialled areas with the new seats and safety rails are not ‘safe standing’ areas. We want fans to sit safely. Rail seating creates a barrier to protect supporters in those areas flagged as areas of concern by the SGSA.

Q: What is railed seating vs safe standing?

A: The trial at Anfield will be a railed seat and not a safe standing area. Some safe standing seats lock away to create more space. Anfield is still an all-seater stadium and the rail above the seat is to protect fans and make areas where there is persistent standing safer.

Q: What if fans still continue to stand once the rail seating is in place?

A: The normal persistent standing policy will remain with stewards in place to manage the crowd. We will continue to ensure gangways and vomitories always remain clear.

2 Likes

So, the words are different, but the result will be the same as safe standing then? :+1: :joy:

Pretty much. The Kop (and corners of the Kenny and Main) will continue to stand, the stewards will continue to ask, and the club know safety barriers have been placed in the areas of highest risk (on the Kop).

2 Likes

Just to check, this doesn’t change our total capacity?

Nah. Next update in capacity will be next sept when the new anfield road stand opens.

1 Like
1 Like

4 Likes
3 Likes