Anfield and Kirkby

I’ve posted elsewhere that Brian Blessed and his Wife are both Reds. :+1::nerd_face:

4 Likes

Most I knew of, but the 2 that most surprised me were Johnny Vagas and Dre - that one really caught my off guard

2 Likes

Heard recently, keeping myself updated with new videos of the redevelopment, that they will have to cut a piece of the Kenny stand roof after all (obviously for people all the way up in that corner of the new stand to see the whole pitch). Like they did with the Kop and current Annie Road stand. Still hope it will be nicely ‘closed’, somehow.

After all? And they didn’t know this earlier??!

No, we didn’t. On some pics it looks like the roof of Kenny’s stand won’t be touched. It was my question all the time, since I couldn’t get any photo/angle/confirmation since the start. I was interested how we would connect the new ARE stand with Kenny’s stand.

2 Likes

Can’t see them leaving it open to the elements?

3 Likes

This is the finished job.

Lot of work in next 7 month’s

1 Like

It looks imposing when you see the game, shame the team is less so.

16:10:

We can’t tell if it’s 100% true or this guy is trying to attract reactions, but interesting.

Nothing unusual to see the oversized mecano not go together first time. Most build projects require adjustment as they go. Especially when it involves dealing with extensions to existing structures.

As for it not being ready on time…thats why contracts are in place.

Essentially, not really any news (imo).

1 Like

Yeah, it’s impossible for us to know on the outside if they’re really behind and how much. If it’s a few home games while final bits are still going on, then it is what it is. Hope it’s not more than that.

What was a bit weird was that postponement of removing the current ARE roof during the WC break. Who knows what were the reasons.

If one of the reason was that they didn’t want to “ruin” part of the pitch for the rest of the season, then they should’ve known about that in the first place. Or was it just time, being behind schedule already.

Nothing that can’t be fixed with an angle grinder, cutting torch and a bloody big hammer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Jeremy Clarkson… is that you?

No, he’s an oaf. I make things work :slight_smile: Busking on site is a key skill.

2 Likes

Your grinder and hammer worked, and now it fits … :partying_face:

With the laser technology available today for taking measurements, it was unlikely the frame was made to the wrong sizes… Expansion and contraction within the structure due to ambient temperatures may have played a small role if it didn’t slot into place first time… Every contingency will have been thought through and these guys will obviously know their stuff eh

I’ll stick with the people making it instead of people making YouTube videos.

It was the position of the crane.

They needed to move it closer to the stand to have a better angle.

1 Like