Anfield and Kirkby

:heart_eyes:

Most of us are.

This is one of the reason I was very happy when the project to build a new stadium was ditched. Almost invariably a new stadium would have been named after a sponsor.

1 Like

So Edwards is raking in at least Ā£300m then.

Edwards walking down the AXA training complex corridors next month.

2 Likes

So the deal with AXA was paid in the currency of MCFC transfer windows?

We want 2 windows!!!

Weā€™ll give you 1.5, and not a million more!!!

When you get up a certain stage in Football Manager, the club builds a new stadium and you can choose the name.

I always go for the Ann Summers Vibrating Dildo Stadium.

2 Likes

Without the business acumen of John Henry at the helmā€¦ LFC would soon lag behind the elite of the European teamsā€¦ As fans (SOS also), we would be wise to remember this me thinksā€¦!
Who cares what it is called as long the financial aspect helps secure the solid foundations of LFC for decades and future generations of fans to comeā€¦
Are we not in danger of becoming a pedantic fanbaseā€¦ moaning for the sake of itā€¦? Hope not.!
We have been uttering Melwood for many many years without ever looking to financially capitalise on the nameā€¦ Yes, Melwood was synonymous as the epicentre training base for LFCā€¦ Just as this new facility, will now, undoubtedly become known as Kirkbyā€¦ (but lets not tell AXA) :0)
If nothing else, as Scousers, we can be relied upon shortening names, places and areas to suit local dialectā€¦ and that is a factā€¦!
Lets take the money and use our energies on something else worthwhile in the drive to remain the best in Europe for many years to comeā€¦ Jurgen asked for the training baseā€¦ he was given itā€¦!

7 Likes

Haha, if heā€™s in charge of this kind of negociations, then yes!

1 Like

In reality, it was probably Hughes and Hogan that did the majority of selling to AXA. But I assume Edwards was there doing his bit.

1 Like

We donā€™t have a thread for our coaching/training staffs, yet; so Iā€™m going to post it here.

3 Likes

It will be known as Kirby imo

2 Likes

Strange choice.

2 Likes

*Kirkby

yawn :roll_eyes:

2 Likes
10 Likes

What about AXAnfield?

2 Likes

Let me think about itā€¦ Nooo!!

6 Likes

Myapassi, a shameless self promoter.

1 Like

Is this move anything to be concerned about in terms of breaking our stride and accustoming ourselves to the new facilities?

1 Like

Is this quote real?

2 Likes

we should have kept some of the Melwood name but yet try to glamourize it like MelGibson

1 Like
9 Likes
6 Likes