Arne Slot - Head Coach

6 Likes

Sounds more like Bruce Forsyth

Evans didn’t win his did he.

Houllier won one as joint manager. Can’t work out if it’s Souness or Dalglish first time around.

https://x.com/TrollFootball/status/1824192049673056681

11 Likes
4 Likes

As @Livvy pointed out in a different thread, I don’t think Slot has really thought this ‘breakfast together’ idea through. I can imagine it pissing off quite a few players and staff, particularly those with families.

I’m surprised that this has come from someone who is from one of the more progressive countries in Europe. It’s the sort of thing you can imagine happening in corporate America.

2 Likes

In an interview with a Dutch broadcaster, Slot said that it is a big change for him to live alone again, etc. Maybe that’s one reason why he doesn’t notice it. But on the other hand, there was a change back then too, when Klopp wanted to train in the evenings, etc. If I remember correctly, a lot of players complained about it, so Hendo had to have a conversation with Klopp. It didn’t help either.

3 Likes

Maybe Slot is lonely. I can see one advantage of having them in early is that it will be obvious if anyone has been out on the lash.

I seem to remember Paisley saying that he would send one of the kids around the bookies in the morning to make sure that they showed up in time for training.

5 Likes

Maybe it is just a form of them clocking-in at the same time as each other - as opposed to them sauntering in willy-nilly.
It could also be connected to monitoring the players diet…

2 Likes

Has no one considered the possibility that it could simply be so we can start training earlier to get the squad used to all the 1230 games we’re going to have?

5 Likes

Doesn’t matter if they don’t like it. They are getting paid millions. Builds team camaraderie too.

3 Likes

Pretty sure Klopp would have had his own rules too.

For all his easy going demeanour, friendliness with the players. Klopp can be a disciplinarian when he wants too. Just ask Sakho.

4 Likes

There’s not a single player who is upset they have to miss out on the chaotic family breakfast :joy: well apart from the ones without kids.

8 Likes

There might be some pissed off wives around, though.

1 Like

It’s a job, and one they get paid an exorbitant amount of money for. They can afford Nannies if need be. Come to work on time, together.

I’m sure the wives would be far more upset were the lads to miss dinner.

1 Like

Well done Arne and the team.

I refuse to post in a pre match thread for my post match comments.

Sloppy start folks.

8 Likes

“Sorry dear I can’t help with the morning carnage anymore. Boss says I have to have breakfast with my mates” :smirk:

4 Likes

The team was sloppy in the first half. Par for the course.

1 Like

If that’s how Slot wants to work then it’s how he wants to work.

This board sometimes really reacts to the most little of things.

1 Like

https://x.com/footballontnt/status/1824805801317241044

4 Likes