Arne Slot - Head Coach

Get everything done nice and early so that he can fuck off down the pub by opening time.

9 Likes

Yeah but his local doesn’t have Mary…

1 Like

And his breakfast meetings. I expect he is one of life’s early risers, waking up first thing and saying, “Oh, what a lovely day to play football.”

I’m assuming that Klopp just woke up surrounded by empty Erdigner bottles and let the previous days events drip back in a haze of existential dread whilst contemplating that he was right, PGMOL are a bunch of cunts.

15 Likes

:joy: mixed with relief that he doesn’t have to pick a team for the carabao cup today

3 Likes

Watched Ten Haag. No comparison. His English’s poor, he comes across as rude, abrupt. Slot is no Klopp but is polite, articulate and has some humour.

I know it’s more than personality but it is chalk and cheese.

6 Likes

I think Slot does come across as rather amiable when it comes to the media. When it comes to the general public , he seems as the sort who would rather let his performances do the talking.

ETH comes across as someone who’s got a bloated sense of self importance.

3 Likes

Slot isn’t going to be the father figure to the players that Klopp was. He doesn’t need to be.

2 Likes
1 Like

Slot is the best looking and most likeable of all the baldy PL managers/coaches.
On a “slapable scale” of 1-10, he’s a zero. ten Hag is of course a ten.

6 Likes

So what would Fraudiola rate on that scale?

1 Like

-10 right now

-5 if he wasn’t managing City

0 when he had hair and was still playing.

1 Like

3 Likes

He’s off that scale, massively.
Would need another: smashable.

After the Bologna game on Wednesday, things are starting to look tough fixture wise in the Champions League, Carabao Cup, and Premier League until Boxing Day against Leicester. I guess short term, you’d be looking at the Chelsea and Arsenal games to see where we’re really at under Slot, but there’s so many big games, I’d be looking at where we are come Leicester on Boxing Day. Fitness and intensity will all be tested. What would we be happy with after all those games?

Crystal Palace (a) PL
Chelsea (h) PL
RB Leipzig (a) CL
Arsenal (a) PL
Brighton (a) CC
Brighton (h) PL
Leverkusen (h) CL
Aston Villa (h) PL
Southampton (a) PL
Real Madrid (h) CL
Man City (h) PL
Newcastle (a) PL
Everton (a) PL
Girona (a) PL
Fulham (h) PL
Tottenham (a) (PL)

2 Likes

I would be happy if we’ve managed to keep improving, no matter what the results are. Obviously I’d love it if we won every single game, but I’m seeing many fixtures where we will probably find it rather difficult. I’m thinking Crystal Palace and Brighton in particular.

No expectations from me. I want to see all our squad get a chance to play, and really prove themselves and improve. Hopefully with no injuries going forward.

6 Likes

Draws against le arse, #130 and RM with wins in all the rest should be the goal.

1 Like

Winning every game should be the goal.

9 Likes

Australians just don’t have the winning mentality.

5 Likes

Not to bothered about the League cup if we win all the other matches on that list…

Oddly think he might do well in the big games, he does have a good tactical head it seems which will bode well.

:wink:

1 Like

Same as @PeachesEnRegalia whatever that rating is

1 Like