Arne Slot - Head Coach

Seems like a really nice, genuine bloke. The sort you could happily go out for a pint with… except that he probably drinks godawful Dutch lager, so scrap that.

4 Likes

Easy Peasy.
Just get Sithbare to give you a selective memory wipe. :joy:

Slot told Liverpoolfc.com: "And they’ve told me it’s going to be 12.30… from what I know, Jürgen [Klopp] complained a lot about this so probably they thought, with Jürgen being out let’s put them at 12.30 again!
No, it’s different to a normal 12.30 because it’s not after a game in Europe. Looking forward to it. A promoted team so it’s going to be special for them as well.

4 Likes

Was hoping it would get the Friday night treatment anyhow.

4 Likes

Wow watching someones reaction is tedious. He came across well. Interviews do not win points.

3 Likes

He just comes across really relaxed, and a natural communicator. It’ll be interesting to see what he’s like when the pressure cooker of the Premier League takes hold, but his body language is confident, but relaxed, and that’s a positive sign of someone assured of himself.

3 Likes

Yeah, the premier league is a different beast. I bet Ange’s kids don’t even recognize the man who lives in their house now such is the change in him from the happy positive guy who won Spurs the league by the end of September.

4 Likes

https://x.com/trentapologist/status/1803774095428882730

11 Likes

Blue Man Group has arrived at the venue

3 Likes

He seems proud to have been appointed Liverpool head coach. That is important. Really looking forward to getting back to proper football after this International stuff.

6 Likes
4 Likes

Arne sounds like a lovely, friendly and humourous person. I hope he gets all the help he needs to settle in and I hope the players give it their all for our new gaffer.

The Anfield bench next season. :laughing:

https://x.com/carltmk/status/1803983804211564638?t=JvOo8rJTECJLvBigd3E1ZQ&s=09

6 Likes

@PeachesEnRegalia , I hope you are happy at the fair representation in Liverpool.

3 Likes

I wonder if there will be a large flux of players or not. You could argue that at least 5 senior players could justifiably be moved on for one reason or another…

As a new coach, triggering a large turnover is not such a bad thing. You could keep doing well with the team in hand and then face a rebuild or rebuild straight off.

Came across relaxed and confident,but not over the top,if he comes across like that to the players we could be in for a hell of a ride.

2 Likes

He’s the head coach (not manager) and doesn’t have the power to do that in his first season.

We’ve been starting to build ‘Liverpool 2.0’ last year so don’t expect ‘Liverpool 3.0’ now. It will be 2.1.

Replacements for Matip and Thiago needed. 2nd and 3rd goalkeeper situation needs to be solved. And an additional attacker is probably needed.

We won’t be too busy on the transfer market this summer.

1 Like

I’m sure the head coach would have a say in the matter - unless a broader plan was put to him prior to signing on the dotted line. In that case I guess it’ll be a fairly quiet affair to September.

Reported.

1 Like

Whatever happened to “And Justice for Balds”