Arsenal vs Liverpool: FA Cup third-round, Sunday January 7, 16:30 BST

Especially with a right footer at LB. It’s pressing gold when you see the ball going to him. That isnt meant as a criticism of Gomez, just a reality of the sort of thing a good pressing team will look for.

For as difficult as that half was for us, if the arsenal forums are anything like ours they are going to be pulling their hair out at having nothing on the board against a side with so many changes, so many players out, and who themselves came close very twice

2 Likes

Did I just hear right, the commentator saying aren’t you loving that Arsenal domination in regard to the stats, is it Tyler, if so I thought he’d been got rid of.

What’s the xG comparison though?

Yeah, get Cody out the midfield. Rejig the front three if need be. Curtis, Mac Al and Elliott I think would give better control.

Gakpo much more comfortable in the front three.

1 Like

It is the whole combination, even with Virg there, Alli, Quansah/Virg and Gomez, no natural left foot which makes the outlet ball harder as there are less passing angles.

Teams that press us allow that space out left for the pass out from Ali, then press and trap us

1.26 vs 0.1

Cody at CF and move Nunez out to the right…something like that.

Amazingly, for such a gob shite, Burley on the US coverage just added some much needed reality - for all the talk of Arsenal’s dominance, they havent done much. One chance early from a long ball and one from a turn over on the edge of our box. The rest of their supposed domination has meant little and given us as many chances as they have created

2 Likes

not a bad idea as well as long as you move gakpo away from midfield

1 Like

Alan Shearer a great centre forward but what a twat of a pundit.

2 Likes

yep, he is an asshole

2 Likes

I said during the first half that I could already feel nerves/frustration from the Arsenal fans. If we can be a bit more practical and stop inviting pressure on ourselves then the longer its 0-0 the better our chances are to pinch it.

The front 3 have no cohesion. Its like 3 strangers have turned up.

I used to like him as a pundit but seems he changed since the Saudi takeover.

imagine a commentary of neville and shearer in the same game

Looks like Elliot in midfield, Cody CF, Darwin LW and Diaz RW

2 Likes

Looks like Diaz on the right and Cody at CF

much better

With Adrian Chiles presenting

Biased towards every team who play us…everyone is better than LFC…we don’t try, we don’t av shots on goal…what is he watching…