Arsenal vs Liverpool: FA Cup third-round, Sunday January 7, 16:30 BST

I don’t think that’s allowable

2 Likes

Yeah, as sweeting corrected me, players can only be registered for 2 clubs in a season. So he can go back out on loan or be registered to play for us, but seemingly cannot do both.

3 Likes

It’s fine if it’s consensual.

1 Like

Isnt the FA Cup seperate from league in that regard?

I thought you could play in it and it didn’t effect any competition registration other than the FA Cup

It’s not about the competition, just that FIFA states that a player cannot play for more than 2 clubs in one season. So if we register him to play for us in any official match, then we are that 2nd club already so can’t loan him out again this season

A rotated, but still strong, team. Klopp has mentioned to keep the rhythm going. And that’s right. Having too many youngsters starting will end up like in the Union Saint-Gilloise 2-1 loss.

With Mo not there, we need these games to build up the attacking plays without him. A third round tie away against the Arses is perfect for this. Also, getting a win over a title rival is always good. Will give them an inferiority complex.

1 Like

Jurgen’s press conference is about to start. Live on Youtube if anyone is interested.

2 Likes

Will be a pretty strong side, according to Klopp.

Glad to hear it. We have enough days between games, plus the Fulham semi is a two legged one.

2 Likes

Missed the PC. What’s the news about Dom?

Klopp hopes that he can be back for Bournemouth but surely not for Arsenal and Fulham.

Less than ideal timing with Dom being out for the two cup ties - leaves us with Elliot as the only real option (maybe Doak) for the right side of the attack. Maybe Kaide Gordon will be a run out.

Again, Doak is out injured long term.

7 Likes

Yes, slipped my mind - knee issue. That leaves Gordon as the other option.

Or we go for a formation change.

Agreed. Can do without the extra games, replays, injury risk, etc. I’ll settle for the UEFA Cup, the Milk Cup and the League trophy this season thanks.

3 Likes

I second that. Glad to hear it will be a pretty strong team. Would love to beat Arse at their own stadium and heap more misery on Arteta. Moreover, it would be a good precursor before we meet them in the league next week.

Generally speaking always wants us to stay in the cups
as long as possible (hopefully go all the way, of course). As the gaffer said, it’s a good possibility to keep the whole squad involved.

Having said that it wouldn’t be the end of the world losing away to home against them lot. It feels as if Arsenal has more to lose than we have.

Dom confirmed as out for this match at least, with what mercifully doesn’t sound like a hamstring tear. No pain, but cannot go.

Ruled out of Sunday and Wednesday, then I guess the hope is that he’s fit for Bournemouth.

I was just reflecting this morning how the petrostate monsters have steadily forced fans into not valuing the FA Cup by being able to field sides two teams deep. The race against Citeh requires focus, focus requires rotation, and there we have it.

Sticks in the craw

The decline in the prestige of the FA Cup started with Man U going to play in the Club World Cup in 1999/2000.

4 Likes

There must be a reason he’s been recalled though? Maybe he is on standby until the squad is back to strength?