Ben Davies (CB) Preston North End

What will Ben be leaning on?
  • An explanation of who Ben Davies is
  • Pissed off Celtic fans
  • A bit of Melwood railings, saved and transported for this very purpose.
  • Twitter fume
  • Fans now wishing to qualify the words ‘just sign a centre back’
  • Mike Edwards big computer, which has springs sticking out of it and all steam coming out
  • An urgent request to remember how we all felt about Andy Robbo

0 voters

Looks like this is happening. £2m fee. Sepp moving the other way on loan.

2 Likes

And it’s done lol

2 Likes
2 Likes

Fsg always spend big when needed most. :joy:

6 Likes
8 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Would be nice for the lad if we could get his position correct.

5 Likes

He will take Rhys Williams place on the bench. :joy:

2 Likes

Home grown too. Where were all the ITKs on this one? Edwards pulled another masterclass? Hopefully.

4 Likes

Aerial duel success % gang in the mud.

5 Likes

I doubt anybody predicted that this would be the player we bring in. Big balls from all around coz if he fucks up there are going to be howls of derision from all around about his suitability for Liverpool or if he’s any better than what we have. I’ve never seen him play or heard of him so that might just be me adding to said howls (hopefully doesn’t happen).

3 Likes

At least we will get our money back…and bit more…

6 Likes
2 Likes

Thread title needs to be edited, @Mascot

He’s a CB.

2 Likes

Leftback/ centre back.

1 Like

The reports of the local Preston press sounds quite promising. Quick, good movement, quite a progressive passer, for £2m this sounds pretty promising in terms of seeing out this season. We can then reevaluate in the summer, for my money that’s likely to mean finding a buyer for Matip, then spending fairly big to replace him.

I like Joel but he’s no good to us if he can’t complete 90 minutes without putting himself out of action for weeks on end.

9 Likes

Very much a CB who can play LB.

He apparently started off his career as a left back but has moved to a whole new level since making the switch to the heart of the defence. I’ve no doubt we’ll see him at full back on occasion- if Robbo and Tsimi are both unavailable- but we’re primarily buying him as a left-sided central defender.

7 Likes

I’m going to laugh if Spurs’ Ben Davies isn’t even the best Ben Davies in the league…

17 Likes