Ben Davies (CB) Preston North End

Ah yeah sorry. But still, even at 1,85 meters, he’ll be the smallest of our CBs if he joins.

1 Like

Indeed, he’s not a giant by any means. But reports of him do say he’s not bad in the air, so maybe he’s got a good jump height.

3 Likes

The scout who discovered vvd, wanyama, hooper etc was John Park.

He left Celtic in 2016.

There scouting has been pretty poor ever since.

2 Likes

You are right, that’s not tall for a CB. I’m 5ft 7.5 so it’s tall for me haha

Either way, I’m still relatively pleased to see him come in - one of those bargain basement buys that could really go well.

2 Likes

yes I win.

winning GIF

4 Likes

Imagine Klopp turns Nat Phillips and Ben Davies into a PL winning CB partnership.

9 Likes

Would he be our first Kirkby/AXA signing? Where will he lean on etc?? Or will they do it at Anfield. The guy must be definitely on cloud 7,as we say here.

Questions over questions

3 Likes

Why isn’t he leaning yet???

Futurama Reaction GIF

4 Likes

Just had the same thought. He’ll be the first first team player player we’ve signed to not set foot in Melwood

1 Like

Waiting for the other CB, both revealed at the same time I reckon.

Leaning on each other??

4 Likes

Expecting that they build something futuristic for Kirkby.

New signings leaning on the bridge. Klopp, Edwards and co sitting in front.

6 Likes

Ummm NO! The whole point of signing centerbacks is to return Hendo to the midfield where he Belongs! I do not look forward to a permanent repositioning of Henderson as a centerback!

Hopefully Davies can do a job for us. He has made several strides and is considered a top Championship level CB who looks ready to take the step the Prem. The question is can he play at the requisite level for LFC?

Even if he turns only into a Klavan level player, that will certainly stem the bleeding from LFC’s current injury crisis.

4 Likes

If he comes in and does well that’s great but if not we can make a nice little profit on him and Preston do alright out of it as well.

1 Like

I wouldn’t have any qualms with Hendo staying at CB until the end of the season. It would mean a midfield trio of Fab behind Thiago and Gini, with Jones, Millie and Keita (if he ever comes back) deputising as back-ups.

Of course, if we can find a genuine reinforcement of the team as CB (the Croatian lad from Marseille seems to be one who could fit the bill), then fine. But to believe that Davies can be that guy, and even more, right from the off without any transitional period, is a little bit naive.

2 Likes

Probably something like
spock GIF

5 Likes

Imagine being a professional defender and not hearing the words “Liverpool want to sign you”. Then you know you’re shit.

8 Likes

Imagine being Mustafi right now.

“Liverpool want you…”

Happy Fresh Prince GIF by Nick At Nite

“… to go to Schalke.”

disappointed chris farley GIF

18 Likes

To be fair to him, he may just want to go back to Germany too.

1 Like

surprised standing next to Bernie sitting in his chair wasn’t one of the options in the vote

6 Likes

Maybe he’s on Cloud 9 in seventh heaven.

York, Fleetwood, Southport, Preston … Liverpool. Would probably be a good time for him to go out and buy a few lottery tickets.

Good luck to the lad, but he is back-up. Kabak, if we get him, would be the one to get game time.

2 Likes