Ben Davies (CB) Preston North End

End of the day we are banging on about Championship level it’s better than Bundesliga 2 which Phillips has played all of 19 games at other than that 404 minutes of PL action with almost half of that in the last week.

The experience of the two isn’t worlds apart, i liked what Phillips did yesterday and I think he should be considered but with Oblak possibly now I reckon Klopp is keen on getting Hendo back in his midfield.

I think Fabinho will remain at centre back, whether he does Hendo and Fabinho one more time for City who knows.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Only one person sits in that centre seat.

Oh Brother Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

1 Like

Arjen Robben!

8 Likes

Must suck, he went from starting CB to bench in 24hrs.

2 Likes

:rofl:

But seriously guys, where’s the lean. :sleeping:

I wonder if Preston offered him a 5 year contract at the start of the season, only for him to wonder, maybe I should wait to see if Liverpool needs me.

4 Likes

Considering a fair few clubs were looking to give him a step up it’s not surprising his contract was winding down.

Even in all that in a usual market he probably costs 5-8m

Or 15m if Bournemouth bid for him.

3 Likes

Fast forward 18 months…

3 Likes

It’s probably a bit hasty to be banking the money we think we can from get from flipping him.

For one, he might be really good :slight_smile:

But also, no-one has got any idea what football players are worth anymore.

7 Likes

If he can help us out at the back, as needed, and thereby help us get another midfielder in the midfield, and the balance and depth of the side is improved, then excellent.

I’ve a suspicion that when all is said and done Davies will establish himself as our fourth choice central defender and will be viewed as solid-Klavan type business, for a pittance.

6 Likes

I just found this thread about Ben. Lots of short Videoclips, worth a watch to get an impression.

Edit, after I watched this it is very clear why we signed him. Great potential and he will learn from the best.

3 Likes
2 Likes

PS - the bigger fight will be in who gets the nod to be third choice with a view to looking higher. Will Kabak make the grade? Will we send him packing in summer for Car or Botman or another?

I like the way the whole thing is shaping up, and our options for the rest of the season are shored up. All of a sudden, after two good wins in London and reinforcing the defence, after almost settling for top four it feels like anything can happen again.

1 Like

I hear he is a fullback too, good to have.

1 Like

Heard that too. Maybe at Preston, but not in our system.

Yeah, I think he’s a left-back in the same way Klavan was… he can do it in a pinch, but you wouldn’t want to have to rely on it.

3 Likes

Cant go wrong with this one.
If he works our perfect, bargain at 2M.
If not, doesnt burn an hole in our pocket.

2 Likes

Is this a robbo type of signing?
I hope so!!

3 Likes

He didn’t really flourish until he was moved into CB from what I’ve been reading. Like, he was an awful LB :slight_smile: